[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone know how much talent it takes

MojoMan

Bingo.

+1. The founder and former CEO (our company was recently purchased and delisted, and he was ousted as CEO, but not until he cashed in about 900k shares) started the company in 2000 with 35 employees in St.Louis. At the time of sale we had 11k employees in 5 countries and were doing about 175mm annually in revenue. To me, that's a guy who's worth his salt.

The co-CEOs of my company are exrtremely competent people. Yeah, they talk a good game - but they've got game. They also have tremendous energy and dedicate way too much time to work. Neither of these guys makes millions (in salary or cash bonuses), but they do well to say the least.

+1. The founder and former CEO (our company was recently purchased and delisted, and he was ousted as CEO, but not until he cashed in about 900k shares) started the company in 2000 with 35 employees in St.Louis. At the time of sale we had 11k employees in 5 countries and were doing about 175mm annually in revenue. To me, that's a guy who's worth his salt.

Ours was started out of the back of a van in the mid fifties by the owner's dad. We're at $3 billion revenue now with 2,500 employees. We've been private throughout and what a blessing THAT is right now.

These were all good responses but unfortunately, none of us knows a super-executive ($$$$$ wise) like Angelo Mozilio or John Thain.

While my experience with execs was that they were very much mere mortals, it is good to hear that some are highly intelligent, competent, hard workers.