[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Justice Department Will No Longer Interfere With States’ Medical Pot Policies

WaterMan

I think it's more accurate to say that he's picked his battles. and the battles he's picked have been:

1) health care

2) re-election

all other political energy has been directed in a massive rearguard defense of the blue model and it's entitlement spending, technocratic/bureaucratic oversight, etc.

Well, he's not near as successful spending limited resources on entitlement spending for Americans as your boy was entitling Iraqis.

A good friend of mine took a job as GM of a large medical growing facility in Oakland last summer. While they were filing their applicaiton to become one of five approved growers by the city, the IRS notified them that they wouldn't be allowed standard business expenses (payroll, etc) becuase the business was involved in trafficking. They were forced to shut the business down in October.

A good friend of mine took a job as GM of a large medical growing facility in Oakland last summer. While they were filing their applicaiton to become one of five approved growers by the city, the IRS notified them that they wouldn't be allowed standard business expenses (payroll, etc) becuase the business was involved in trafficking. They were forced to shut the business down in October.

Yes, I've been at tax conferences here in CA where the IRS took this position very passionately. Sometimes I think the good folks at IRS could use a doobie.

I'd give a hugh :wacko: to this, if it weren't for the fact that it's probably not going to stop dispensaries from getting harassed, and he conveniently waited until a re-election year to try to repair the damage with a portion of his voting constituent (and no, not just pot-heads, but anyone against the costly failed war on drugs, who sees state's laws and cancer patient's medicine providers shut down and prosecuted ).

I'd give a hugh :wacko: to this, if it weren't for the fact that it's probably not going to stop dispensaries from getting harassed, and he conveniently waited until a re-election year to try to repair the damage with a portion of his voting constituent (and no, not just pot-heads, but anyone against the costly failed war on drugs, who sees state's laws and cancer patient's medicine providers shut down and prosecuted ).

I think you need to re-read the whole thread paying attention to dates. :tup: