[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't wait to see this movie

tazinib1

It's already come and gone from the theaters here. :wacko:

It was a good movie, but I didn't find it nearly as compelling as some of the similar kinds of subplots on "the wire". I hear the book is really good.

It's already come and gone from the theaters here. :wacko:

It was a good movie, but I didn't find it nearly as compelling as some of the similar kinds of subplots on "the wire". I hear the book is really good.

Really? They just started advertising it here so maybe its a limited showing. Looks like I might DVD it now.

Really? They just started advertising it here so maybe its a limited showing. Looks like I might DVD it now.

I don't want to bash it too hard. It has a stark depiction of the lower classes of Italy, and there's an interesting subplot about the "legitimate" business that the mob runs in Naples. It's just I've been kind of headlong into The Wire recently, and there are very similar story lines in both that series and this film. Frankly, the HBO series deals with it in a much more detailed and interesting fashion.

Again, not to bash the film too much, but I wasn't exactly blown away as much as I anticipated with a Scorsese produced Italian mob movie based on actual events.