[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's going to win the WGC match play championship?

Squeegiebo

Appleby has never made it past the first round, which I find amazing. Vijay has cooled off lately: I hope he gets beat by Katayama. smash

I'm going with Verplank as my sleeper. He's in Tiger's bracket, but I think Tiger may get knocked out early (though I wouldn't put my money where my mouth is).

Down Goes Frazia:

Originally posted by Squeegiebo:

Appleby has never made it past the first round, which I find amazing.

Appleby 5 & 4 over Rose. smash :D

That bracket he's in is brutal. Dimarco, Love, the breasted one, Allenby, yer boy Scott...... tough comp right there.

I played both Mickelson and Scott in our fantasy league. I like my chances of having one in the final four. Davis Love is a chump. I am worried about Allenby though.

Squeegiebo:

Jerry Kelly (8) def Vijay Singh (1) 4 and 2
Phil Mickelson (2) def Ben Curtis (10) 7 and 6 
jump No way is Vijay making it to the final four. Campbell, Perry, or Clarke will kick his butt. You called it, Squeeg (just not Kelly being the one to knock him out).

Weir lost today too.

Looks as if we found out who the best player in the world is again. He didn't look spectacular in winning the title, but he won. He hassn't looked like the same Tiger since he had surgery on his knee a couple years ago, but he's still ahead of the pack in skill level consistency. Look for him to win 2 majors this year, he'll get the putter going pretty soon and will make him deadly. I'll say right now that he wins the Masters and The British Open this year.

Hat Trick:

Looks as if we found out who the best player in the world is again. He didn't look spectacular in winning the title, but he won. He hassn't looked like the same Tiger since he had surgery on his knee a couple years ago, but he's still ahead of the pack in skill level consistency. Look for him to win 2 majors this year, he'll get the putter going pretty soon and will make him deadly. I'll say right now that he wins the Masters and The British Open this year.

Took him 149 tournaments to get his 40th win. Took Nicklaus over 200. Heard the numbers on the radio this morning. He is the #1 golfer in the world.

Down Goes Frazia:

Originally posted by Squeegiebo:

My boy Philip will win the Masters! head_ban

lol ..... the breasted one may win a major this year..... but not @ Augusta. He's too erratic off the tee & takes too many chances, IMHO.

Squeeg, I'll be here in April to eat my words if I'm wrong. wink

I'm not saying he will win, but the thing is, Augusta probably gives Michaelson his best opportunity to win a major -- huge fairways, little to no rough, requires good putting and a great short game. Erratic off the tee hurts him most at US Open and British Open-type courses, which are typically much narrower and have ALOT of rough.

I'm not saying he will win, but the thing is, Augusta probably gives Michaelson his best opportunity to win a major -- huge fairways, little to no rough, requires good putting and a great short game. Erratic off the tee hurts him most at US Open and British Open-type courses, which are typically much narrower and have ALOT of rough.
Precisely. cool_thu