[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why don't enviro-hippies go after

TimC

Commercial businesses? I'm assuming they are passed out on the pot and cheap beer they consume and can't drive down any Main Street in America after closing hours and the businesses are basically as lit up as when they are open. And politicians are so in the pocket of corporations (obviously by the bailout funds).

Not only is the light pollution annoying, but it's much easier to go after corporations than individuals. With one stroke of a pen, you could limit all business to 300 watts or so (3-100 watt security lights) during closing hours, force places (like Best Buy) to not turn on electronics unless requested by the customer, turn off skyscraper and office lights, etc. The reason so many individuals don't like these enviro-nuts are because they are trying to control you and ignoring the fact that one company building uses more electricty than a whole average sub-division. The average person turns off a light when they aren't using it, but yet you still tend to go after individuals. Oh, and get rid of Al Gore. Nobody likes him that isn't high.

Oh, and I was at Northern Tool equipment the other day looking for solar panels for my shed (run a light, maybe a battery charger) and I see something for over $400.00 that generates 60-watts. You gotta be kidding me? No way is wind and solar ready for prime time...not even close.

Commercial businesses? I'm assuming they are passed out on the pot and cheap beer they consume and can't drive down any Main Street in America after closing hours and the businesses are basically as lit up as when they are open. And politicians are so in the pocket of corporations (obviously by the bailout funds).

Not only is the light pollution annoying, but it's much easier to go after corporations than individuals. With one stroke of a pen, you could limit all business to 300 watts or so (3-100 watt security lights) during closing hours, force places (like Best Buy) to not turn on electronics unless requested by the customer, turn off skyscraper and office lights, etc. The reason so many individuals don't like these enviro-nuts are because they are trying to control you and ignoring the fact that one company building uses more electricty than a whole average sub-division. The average person turns off a light when they aren't using it, but yet you still tend to go after individuals. Oh, and get rid of Al Gore. Nobody likes him that isn't high.

Oh, and I was at Northern Tool equipment the other day looking for solar panels for my shed (run a light, maybe a battery charger) and I see something for over $400.00 that generates 60-watts. You gotta be kidding me? No way is wind and solar ready for prime time...not even close.

You can always find something that looks stupid. The Coast Guard converted lighthouse to solar a long time ago and use very inexpensive panels. I've lived in solar houses off grid and we ran 12 volt light bulbs and had propane refrigerators. If you need 110 it's harder.

I agree with new regulations for businesses over home owners.

Why don't we re-think everything in this country so we are in step with 21st century life? Start with taxes and education and go down the list.

it depends on which type of hippies you are talking about.....

is it the ones who sit around ranting about the system, yet still do nothing about it?

or is it the ones who go inside the system to fight it....only to sell out themselves?