[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most amazing/proutest golf shot

Jimmy Neutron

My opponent was walking, I was riding. He was ornery as hell after being down by 4 and sweating his ass off. The last hole was a short par 4 with an island green. After our tee shots he was about 90 yards out, I was a little inside that, about 80 out. He sticks his approach shot to within 8-10 feet. Pressure's is on me now, my buddy says, don't worry about his shot, he hasn't made the putt yet, make sure you get on the green, at the worst, two putt and put the pressure back on him. That relaxed me a little and I stroked a smooth wedge, one bounce, one more short one and disappeared in the hole. Eagle 2, match over. :D My opponent meanwhile had walked up ahead and around to the path leading up a little slope onto the green and had a front row seat to watch the ball go into the hole. He was not happy, turned and flung the putter he had in his hand back down the slope at his bag he'd left behind. Poor sport. :D

Beautiful :wacko:

I hate you!! I live about two minutes from Druid's, and that hole is my absolute nemesis! I think the yardage is wrong because I hit a perfect layup to 100 every single time I play, yet somehow I always fly the green. As I'm sure you're aware, if your shot looks like it is heading to the back, it will in fact roll out of bounds, every time. I have started that course with no better than a bogey on 2 every single time!

My most memorable is probably a ball I knifed off the path, off the bench near an adjacent tee box, off a tree, bounding through the bunker, to end up at 6". It gave me a $90 skin that had been carried over six times.

The shots I have been most proud of have been mostly putts, but nothing will rival my infamous skin at West Seattle.

It's funny that you hate that hole as it is one of my favorites. I have holes like that where I struggle 90% of the time. #12 @ Trophy Lake, #2 @ McCormick Woods, #11 @ The Woodlands to name a few.

Classic skin story - would have loved to see the expressions on your playing partners faces :wacko:

Number 17 at Kearney Hill Golf Links in Lexington, KY. 440 yard par 4. I hit a terrible worm burning drive, left myself about 240 to the hole. There is water to the right side of the green (I'm a lefty) and I hit a power fade, so I had to start the ball over the water. From the time it left the club I knew it wasn't going to cut enough to get on the green. On the left of the water, there are some layers of flat rocks directly to the right of the fringe. My ball cut just over the water, hit a flat rock in the hazard, bounced about 60 feet in the air, and landed in the cup for an eagle. Won me 6 skins and they doubled for the eagle, for 12 skins. Not the best shot I've ever hit, but definitely the most memorable.

I haven't had many but this one stands out. I was about 18 or so and was waiting to tee off at the 1st hole with two friends and the Course Marshall was heckling us about getting on with it because it was a busy day. I explained that I didn't want to hit into the group ahead of us. Guy was kind of a dick and said, "Don't flatter yourself"

I shrugged, teed up, and nailed the drive of my life. Right down the middle and it rolled into the group. At least dude had the decency to hop in a cart and drive up to tell the guys it was his fault.

I golf maybe 3-5 times a year (usually nine holes), and I've been golfing for about seven years.

I made an actual, no muliigans, no kick wedge, par once in my life.

I don't know which hole, but it was at Fort Lewis,WA golf course, somewhere on the front nine par 4.

That was the longest course I've ever been on. Some holes were ridiculous, 600 yard par 5, no one on my group even reached the green in 5. Super steep hills on the fairway, from the gully you couldn't see the green, that kinda stuff. I stopped using carts a few years before I played there and that was only day I ever regretted it, I've gone out and played hours of street basketball and had more energy afterwards than I did after walking and hacking my way around that monster.

Long story short, I suck at golf. :wacko:

-DD21