[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey video game dweebs: Microsoft prepping to make Wii obsolete

BeeR

I don't play PC games much any more and don't have any video game box things, but have to admit this could be a lot of fun - IF they can ever get people to develop "serious" games for it (from what I gather that's the problem w/the Wii, at least people I know who have Wii have said).

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1902208,00.html

Frankly I'm surprised that a truer "virutal gaming" system along these lines hasn't been around for years.

edit: this also relates to vidEO games as well :wacko:

Edited by BeeR

I like how the article left out the presentation for the PS3 that offers motion controls and it's supposed to work with EyeToy as well....

the fact that the editor called EyeToy "lame" and didn't even mention that Sony displayed a motion sensing controller at E3 speaks volumes about what his intentions are with the article....

Let me preface my critique by saying that if this works really well it will be way cool.

The thing I found most interesting about this article is how the author was so critical of various other existing technologies yet I was never really given the impression that this new Microsoft toy had even been tried or even seen by him. Reads like he's reporting on a press release.