[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst tourney in a while?

xMRogers

Kept hearing "this is the best tournament in years" by the announcers (which they say every year). I had to disagree - lot of bad play, hardly any upsets, and not a single buzzer beater (find that amazing). THere were some good games and performances, and near the end, a few classics (St Joes/Ok St, Duke/Uconn) but I really was let down overall. he11, the one shining moment was boring cause there just wasn't that much to show

Agree/Disagree?

xMRogers:

Kept hearing "this is the best tournament in years" by the announcers (which they say every year).  I had to disagree - lot of bad play, hardly any upsets, and not a single buzzer beater (find that amazing). THere were some good games and performances, and near the end, a few classics (St Joes/Ok St, Duke/Uconn) but I really was let down overall. he11, the one shining moment was boring cause there just wasn't that much to show

Agree/Disagree?

Certainly the championship game was a major disappointment for anyone hoping for an exciting game (or probably anyone not rooting for UConn), but I would tend to disagree on several points.

...not a single buzzer beater... Ga Tech did beat OK State on a buzzer beater (Bynum scored with 1.5 seconds left). OK State beat St. Joe's on a 3-pointer with 5 seconds left. And there were a number of games where last second shots missed that would have won games, so while not buzzer beaters to win games, there were plenty of games decided on final shots.

...hardly any upsets... Five teams in the Sweet 16 were 6 or higher seeds: Vandy[6], Xavier[7], Alabama[8], UAB[9], and Nevada[10], so purely from a seeding perspective, there were numerous upsets in the earlier rounds. Plus, only a single 1 seed made the final 4.

Overall, I enjoyed the tournament as much as always.