[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Area Dog Owners

Shakenbake

Have to board my 11 year old Lab for an upcoming weekend and was wondering if anyone has had one that they could recommend, or even if you have had a bad experience with one that I should avoid.

I'm live in Uptown, but don't mind driving a little out of my way for the right place.

My dog is in good shape and I'd prefer to board her somewhere where she can have as much outside activity as possible.

Thanks in advance.

I don't live in Dallas, but we have used "Petsmart" and although pricey our dog comes back very happy (unlike when we put her a regular kennel), like she was never gone. Being a chain I would like to think they all have the same standards/amenities. pens, not cages (or a private room w/ a TV), walks, playtime (with or without other dogs, and more. We won't even consider another place.

Based on the age of your dog, I would strongly suggest a pet sitter who will come and live in your home, or come twice a day and walk, exercise and play with your dog. Change is very hard on senior dogs, like people, and it could be traumatic. Most Labs are easy going and accept change better than many other breeds, which is one reason they do well as dogs for the blind and disabled, but still I'd consider that option. Kennels can be very stressful on dogs.