[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Question

I'm in a 16 team league and we draft 9 players in the fall for a total of 18 per team.

It is standard scoring with PPR.

I was offered a trade of LT & Joseph Addai with a 1.10 and 3.6 pick for a 5.8 and 7.8 pick.

I gave up MJD and Cotchery.

At the time (Late May) I thought it would get me a decent rookie WR to go with LT and Addai. But, after the trade, the Addai surgery came out.

Is this a bad trade?

My roster is:

QB - Edwards

RB - Forte

RB - Mendenhall

RB - J. Harrison

RB - Hightower

WR - Evans

TE - Daniels

I hated to get rid of MJD, but I just don't see him getting all the carries with Jones there. Before MJD, Jones was to be "the guy", so I see MJD getting 2/3 of the carries and Jones or the rookie getting the other 1/3.

I am thinking LT has another good year in his tank and Addai to be a flex player with the others, or trade bait for a starting WR.

We start QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

I am targeting Percy Harvin with the #10 pick. But, I may get lucky with a rookie RB since Brady Quinn and a couple other discards are available.

Just looking for feedback and projections of yours with the Mock Drafts taking place.

A flex player? Sure. But you can't feel too good about his full year prospects given the Colts drafted a fairly highly touted rookie RB in Donald Brown in the first round.

Best case scenario you are looking at a RBBC with a 60/40 split in Addai's favor...worse case scenario is Addai being phased out for Donald Brown with that 60/40 split headed rapidly in Brown's favor as the season progresses.

As far as grabbing Harvin with the 10th...It's unlikely unless there are at least 3-4 veteran discards that will be drafted ahead of that spot...Harvin's going anywhere from 5-8 in the rookie drafts that I've seen (Moreno, Brown, Wells, Crabtree are the first 4 off the board).

I guess to offer some advice, I think I'd try to package a draft pick and Addai or a draft pick and Hightower to get a tier 2 WR, versus trying to find a starter at that spot in the draft.

Best of Luck,

WashD

Edited by WashingtonD

Yeah, this was one of those "Trade Deadline" knee-jerk moves where I didn't think ahead.

But, in retrospect, I just don't see MJD getting 300 carries. He's great in PPR, but if their offense is struggling, you never know.

I'm in a 16 team league and we draft 9 players in the fall for a total of 18 per team.

It is standard scoring with PPR.

I was offered a trade of LT & Joseph Addai with a 1.10 and 3.6 pick for a 5.8 and 7.8 pick.

I gave up MJD and Cotchery.

At the time (Late May) I thought it would get me a decent rookie WR to go with LT and Addai. But, after the trade, the Addai surgery came out.

Is this a bad trade?

QB - Edwards

RB - Forte

RB - Mendenhall

RB - J. Harrison

RB - Hightower

WR - Evans

TE - Daniels

I hated to get rid of MJD, but I just don't see him getting all the carries with Jones there. Before MJD, Jones was to be "the guy", so I see MJD getting 2/3 of the carries and Jones or the rookie getting the other 1/3.

I am thinking LT has another good year in his tank and Addai to be a flex player with the others, or trade bait for a starting WR.

We start QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

I am targeting Percy Harvin with the #10 pick. But, I may get lucky with a rookie RB since Brady Quinn and a couple other discards are available.

Just looking for feedback and projections of yours with the Mock Drafts taking place.

What he pulled on you is called a 4-1 for a 2-3 trade. He got the overall best player out of the deal (1=MJD) and a scrub (4=cotch) and you got the second and third best players, hence 2-3. I pull off trades like this all the time throughout the fantasy season and it's one of many tools I use to gain an edge. The idea of this kind of trade is to always walk away with the overall best player from the trade, It works.

Edited by xPattonx