[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

trading 1st and 3rd rd picks for LT?

Steelhead

12 team 2 keeper performance league. My keepers are Brees and Gore or Steve Smith. I am drafting 12th after winning the SB last year. The LT owner is looking to move him. He is considering my 1st and 3rd rd picks for him. The way I see it if I would do this I would end up with a weaker WR2 after the trade than if I drafted one in the 3rd. Here's the RBs that are keepers and not in the draft:

Peterson, LT, MJD, SJax, Slaton, Forte, Gore, Jacobs, K Smith, D Williams, Westbrook, Portis, Addai, Turner, Bush, Barber

With trade after 4 rds:

1st pick - traded for LT

2nd - WR1

3rd - traded for LT

4th - WR2

Brees, Gore, LT, WR1, WR2

Not doing trade after 4 rds probably:

1st - RB1

2nd - WR1

3rd - WR2

4th - WR3/RB3/TE

Brees, Gore, RB2, WR1, WR2, WR3/RB2/TE

Essentially I'm getting LT at the cost of not being able to draft a WR2 in Rd 3. Maybe not that big of a deal.

Edited by Steelhead

Does this mean you are executing the trade at the draft? Otherwise I don't see how you can start with Brees, Gore, & LT in a 2 keeper league.

In a two keeper league, this sounds like your essentially trading away a 3rd and 5th round choice for LT assuming everyone is keeping 2 players. That would be a great deal.

If I'm missing something and you are actually trading away 1st and 3rd rd overall talent for LT, I don't think I make that trade.

Yes, it sounds like this trade is happening at the draft after keepers are set. So trading your 3rd and 5th player pick for LT is great value. I'd do this in any draft I'm in this season. And just for the record, if you haven't set your keepers yet, I'd keep Gore over Smith.