[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need pick/trade advice

maxskip

I'm in a 12 team re-draft league (not ppr) and I have 12th pick. I'm having a really hard time deciding who to get at 12th pick. In some mock drafts that I have done there are good players available and my team turns out pretty good. In others there not any stellar players available at 12th pick. The person with first pick offered to trade only first and second round picks (i get 1st and 24th overall pick and he gets 12th and 13th). I would do it but my only concern is if I do and then there are two good players available for him at 12th and 13th and I am stuck with Adrian peterson and a scrub of a second pick. I need some help deciding a: who should I pick if I stick with 12 and b: should i trade first and second round picks with the 1st pick?

Thanks

Personally, I think being "on the turn" with the 12th pick is a great draft slot. Yes, you won't get a top 6 or 7 RB, a top 2 or 3 WR and perhaps a top 1 or 2 QB, but Having an early pick doesn't guarantee your guy will perform to that level (see Larry Johnson and even LT last year). You can draft two solid studs @ 12 and 13 and have great strategy the rest of the draft being able to pinch 2 guys at once each turn.

IMO, championships are won in the middle rounds of drafts. Look at 2008 - guys like Forte, T. Jones, B Marshall, Cutler, etc. were picked up after the first two or three rounds and guys like Slaton, Royal, et al were late picks. If you're on your game, that draft slot can slay.