[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Draft Strategy? Need some Help!

ice-pick

12 team keeper league PPR can start 1-3 RB and 2-4 WR about half start 4 WRs

I have picks 2.01, 2.05, 3.08, 5.08, 6.05 etc. NO 1st or 4th round picks

I kept:

Gore

Calvin Johnson

Brandon Marshall

K. Smith

Tony Gonzales

There are no min or max rules for the roster. You just need a starting line up

It is slightly possible that LJ, Lynch, or J Stew slide to me at RB and more likely are D Brown, Wells, Rice, F. Jones, J. Jones, White

At WR very small possibility that Braylon Edwards will be there. More likely Berrian, Holt, Hester, Ginn

As you can see the WR depth goes quickly and turns to rookies and flyers. RBs there are a little more to choose from in later rounds

At QB Warner may be out there at 2.01 and will be gone by 2.05. Cutler and Schaub should be around at 2.05 and 3.08

Palmer and T Edward may be around at 5.08 and I don't think Hasselbeck and Rosenfels are on too many people's radar.

At this point I am thinking best available WR/RB for 2.01, 2.05, and 3.08 and looking QB or D for 5th and 6th.

Any advice on how to pick my team? Any do's and don'ts? When would you put aside the planned strategy to get a player that slid to you? Who might those player be and at what point do you take them?

Thanks!

I think you have it nailed down. Rank those RBs and WRs together. Whichever one is at the top of the list when it gets to you, draft them. Pass on Warner unless he falls far. Wait for Schaub, Edwards, and Cutler. Whichever is there in the fifth. I would try not to wait so long that Hass is your starter. He will do well, but I wouldn't want to have to rely on him all season. Great backup though.

I think you have it nailed down. Rank those RBs and WRs together. Whichever one is at the top of the list when it gets to you, draft them. Pass on Warner unless he falls far. Wait for Schaub, Edwards, and Cutler. Whichever is there in the fifth. I would try not to wait so long that Hass is your starter. He will do well, but I wouldn't want to have to rely on him all season. Great backup though.

My thoughts exactly, rank'em all, get the highest on your list at that time. I think Cutler will fall far in many drafts because of the trade. I could keep him for my 10th rd pick but wont touch him, he's bad news this year, I'd wait for the best QB after the first rush on them (rd 5).