[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Johnson and LenDale White

Seems like the reservation for many about CJ is the RBBC with LenDale.

I could almost see playing both these guys at the same time. Usually people don't like to consider this but,

1. TEN has a favorable schedule this year.

2. They always have a great running game.

3. They should balance each other out.

4. LenDale is a relative bargain late if you go for other positions early in the draft.

Obviously, I'd need to have some other backup options, but I could almost see this working this year.

I am guessing you got Johnson in the first and then covered your WRs, TEs, and QB before picking up your second RB. If that is the case, and those are your best two RB options, yes. I wouldn't have a problem doing that. They will both score you points. You would have to have that bye covered, but it's not a bad option. Especially if it allowed you to draft studs in the other positions.

This is a hypothetical scenario that I've thought about considering where LenDale is being selected in some drafts (ADP of 7.10 in a ten team league). The basic assumption is that your other starters are loaded. So the assumption would be you take CJ, a QB, 2WR, a TE, (plus perhaps a RB w/upside) in the first six rounds.

Even still, I don't like a draft plan that banks on a certain player falling to you.

This is a hypothetical scenario that I've thought about considering where LenDale is being selected in some drafts (ADP of 7.10 in a ten team league). The basic assumption is that your other starters are loaded. So the assumption would be you take CJ, a QB, 2WR, a TE, (plus perhaps a RB w/upside) in the first six rounds.

Even still, I don't like a draft plan that banks on a certain player falling to you.

Just have a backup plan. I usually plot my one draft out weeks/days beforehand. I plant seeds in peoples heads to try to get them going a certain way...this only works early on though. If Lendale usually goes at the end of the 7th round, unless you pick early in the 7th round, there is a chance you don't get him. Alot of people see him as a bust this year assuming he doesn't score as much as he did last year so there is a chance no one jumps at the chance to draft him.

1. TEN has a favorable schedule this year.

2. They always have a great running game.

3. They should balance each other out.

4. LenDale is a relative bargain late if you go for other positions early in the draft.

Thanks for the input. I think the third point is important. It seems like this would make your RB production more consistent.

In 2008, LW and CJ combined for something like 140 yds/game and 1.5 TDs over the 16 game season. Not bad combined production when one of the RBs might not be drafted until the late 6th or early 7th.

Doesn't mean I couldn't have a another RB2 with LenDale as flex, I just think if you get CJ, LW might become more attractive.