[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goodson a third-down back?

Randall

CBSSports.com reports Carolina Panthers RB Mike Goodson has been catching a lot of passes during practice and could see some action on third downs this season.

Does this mean Deangelo Williams 1st and 2nd down back

Goodson 3rd down

Jonathan Stewart cheerleader on the sidelines?

Considering that DeAngelo Williams (toe) missed his second straight practice on Monday and Jonathan Stewart is limited to one practice per day because of his lingering Achilles soreness, someone has got to take the reps in practice. Still, I think Goodson is very talented. Perhaps, it's the beginning of a three-headed beast like what Dallas may do this year. Goodson is worth having in deeper leagues.

Goodson was compared favorably to Reggie Bush in college, and I think that's exactly how CAR intends to use him. They saw the headaches for Ds that a healthy Bush creates for the Saints and decided to use some of that philosophy themselves. You'll see him in various sets - even in the slot and possibly out wide. While he may steal a few carries, his impact will be catching the ball out of the backfield. He could be some real nice depth at RB in ppr leagues, with a chance to make a major impact if Williams and/or Stewart's health becomes an issue.

This is yet another guy I targeted and drafted in multiple dynasty leagues because his value was so good at where he dropped in drafts. It seems like a lot of FFers got fooled by NFL teams letting some pretty good RBs slide in the draft this year. Goodson looks like one of those guys.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Agreed. This might be the best group of late-round or UDFA RBs in a while. And I suspect that's why teams let them slide... they knew that there was too many decent enough RBs and they'd be assured of getting one or two if they wanted them.

I still wonder why SEA didn't pick up a guy like Rashad Jennings, Arian Foster, et al.

that's nasty.

Wait, what did you mean by that?

They did get devin Moore.

I like the tight ends this year too.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Cowboy, but he needs to match his lower body stregth to his upper and I'll like him a little more. And while I've been on the bandwagon, I'm not sure he's quite big enough. If he can get to 195# without losing speed, that'd be great.

I was referring to him as a 3rd down back.

:wacko:

They should trade for Thomas Jones. :D