[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coaching Comparison Data

Ed Hoyle

I'm not starting a flame-war bashing McCarthy. I just wanted to put some numbers out there on Sherman in comparison to McCarthy since many say I don't put numbers or facts on the board.

Sherman's Record during his first 3 years --- 33-15 After 4 years...43-21 GB Total 57-39

(Only 1 losing season & 3 Division Titles and 5 Consecutive Winning Seasons)

MCarthy's Record during his first 3 years -- 27-21 After 4 years?? Division Titles??

Now, those are glaring numbers considering Sherman had one losing season 4-12 and it was the first since 1991. If he left the organization in that bad of shape, what was different than the one he got from Ray Rhodes? The numbers show that Sherman didn't do that bad, or at least as people would like one to think.

This year Green Bay has all the tools in place to turn it around. We'll have to wait and see. The rookie "Unsigning" is beginning to look foolish on TT's part. Harrell is another too. But the depth should be able to step up right?

This seems to be a make or break year for McCarthy and Thompson, as quoted by Chavez in another post. I agree. If they fail again, it should be no excuses and do some housecleaning. But, where to start?

Some people actually agree with the rationale to bring in capable free agents, rather than through the draft. The article link below links to a bleacher report on it. (I have to admit there are a number of people even further out in left field that I am--see the comments below it.) The article is about 8 months old, but still holds some information to how opinions vary on TT.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/87689-i-miss-you-ron-wolf

Edited by Ed Hoyle