[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which QB to keep as backup QB

mroban

Given that Warner has not been the most durable QB over the course of his career, I also drafted Favre and S. Hill as backups. But I think its wise to get Leinart in as a backup because in that offense, he will put up numbers as Warners backup. But I still need a QB for the bye week, so which one? I think Hill offers more upside than Favre who is not very durable himself these days and is playing in a run first offense in Minnesota. Cant imagine Favre in the best of circumstances is good for more than 3200 yds and 22 TDs with around 18 INTs.

What do you think? Hill should be a decent sleeper number 2 QB, but Favre, with less upside, will also have less risk, especially early in the season.

Whoever it is, will have to last until week 7 (Warner's bye), so that is the most important thing to consider. Do you think Favre will go that long? I tend to believe he will as he has never given any indication that he can't :wacko: As far as Hill goes...who knows how that pans out. Hill could very well lose his job by week 4. I'd keep Favre and throw Hill back into the pool for Leinart.

Whoever it is, will have to last until week 7 (Warner's bye), so that is the most important thing to consider. Do you think Favre will go that long? I tend to believe he will as he has never given any indication that he can't :wacko: As far as Hill goes...who knows how that pans out. Hill could very well lose his job by week 4. I'd keep Favre and throw Hill back into the pool for Leinart.

I believe Warner's bye is week 4 which makes Favre even more compelling. Surely he will last through week 4. Btw, thats also the week that the Vikings play the Packers (at home). Seems as good a place to start Favre as any.

Leinart though I think is a must as a backup for Warner.