[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PPR Ray Rice or Pierre Thomas?

BRTexan

Will have to pull the trigger w/ 3rd pick of Round 3 to get either. I know that's early but I don't like my RB prospects at the end of Round 4. Leaning toward Rice, put me at ease. (14 teams, 1pt. ppr)

Edited by BRTexan

Rice is everyone's darling right now, but it's hard to ignore what Pierre Thomas did at the end of last year.

Rice risk is the fact he's in a serious RBBC with a fairly conservative team

Thomas is that he's in an RBBC and he's a bit dinged up right now but on an aggressive offensive team

Personally I like Thomas in that spot though I can see the argument for Rice

Best of Luck,

WashD

(Check out my blog post, link in siggy, for some potential deep sleepers this year)

Rice is everyone's darling right now, but it's hard to ignore what Pierre Thomas did at the end of last year.

Rice risk is the fact he's in a serious RBBC with a fairly conservative team

Thomas is that he's in an RBBC and he's a bit dinged up right now but on an aggressive offensive team

Personally I like Thomas in that spot though I can see the argument for Rice

Best of Luck,

WashD

(Check out my blog post, link in siggy, for some potential deep sleepers this year)

I can't believe you are even questioning this. Pierre Thomas all the way. Ray Rice is poised to have an upside, but Pierre Thomas is already proven he is the real deal.

I have both on my team this year, very fortunate, but I would think Rice by a slim margin because Thomas is on a offensive machine and has many targets that will catch the ball. Rice is looking like he is going to be the man and has a much bigger upside.

I dont see Rice scoring as many TDs but I think he will be a big part of the conservative O plan with screens, dump offs,etc

i think hes too small to be the every down back with a weaker QB but will get his touches...he has great upside.

Thomas showed alot of potential last year but I wouldnt say he is proven.... if Bush stays healthy it will definately cut into Thomas's numbers.

The Saints have also talked about using all 3 RBs...which is what BAL will do.

In a PPR league I think they will be pretty close come the end of the year.

I like both but I have thomas higher on my list.. Cant see Bush staying healthy and Thomas should see more touches than last couple years either way. Only way Bell will see time is if one of these guys gets hurt, other than that it will be between the 2. Out in baltimore, Mcgahee has taken touches during preseson a copule times in the redzone already. And another little stat to keep in mind> PT has outscored Bush 14-12 on almost twice less touches the last 2 years. I know this may not be alot of knowledge on why I like PT but if i had a choice here im going with him. GL

Ps it may also be the memories of high school playing against Thomas...He ran for 236 on us and 5tds LOL

Thanks for all of the input guys. My worry with Thomas is that with a healthy Bush he will lose touches. If Bush gets hurt, from what I've seen in the preseason Mike Bell will get Bush's touches. I know you have a similar situation in Baltimore with McGahee and McClain, but it sounds like Ray Rice will get the bulk of the carries and most of the RB catches. Good Luck to all of you.