[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Offer

EspyAward

So I play in a PPR league awarding 1 pt for receptions. I was just offered a trade proposal of Marion Barber for Ray Rice. Do I make the deal? Another item of note: I also have Jones-Drew and Derrick Mason who all have week 7 byes.

Edited by EspyAward

I wouldn't. I don't think the receptions will make up the overall scoring difference enough to make that trade.

seriously?

ETA: Don't let bye weeks influence trade value, you're setting yourself up for failure.

Agree... I don't even look at byes. By the time week 4 comes around, things change so much it's not worth it. If I could, I'd tanbk one week and have all my byes fall on it.

seriously?

Well, technically I posted before I read this: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2926364 :wacko:

Ray Rice is a pretty huge question mark. He'll be giving touches to McLain and McGahee, and as a rookie you never know what to expect. If he has problems picking up blocking assignments, blitzes, etc, it could cut into his already shared work load. I think he's a risk, I wouldn't take him over Barber, even in a PPR league. Keeper/dynasty might sway me over the edge, but not for just one year, not even in PPR.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Done deal. I made the trade. Tough decision, but I pulled the trigger. I still dont agree with The Huddle ranking Barber in the Second Tier of RB's. Rice is close to 4th Tier. What am I missing? For many reasons already mentioned I see Rice getting a larger % of touches. I expect Rice to have a big game Wk 1 against the KC defense. I will try not to use it as a gauge to the success of my trade! Thanks guys.