[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parker/Romo for Brees/Bradshaw?

Medal of Honor

Here is my team (ESPN Standard scoring with 6 points for a passing TD and no PPR).

QB - Brees, Orton

RB - C. Johnson, Bradshaw, L. Johnson, Mendenhall, M. Bell

WR - Jennings, Burleson, Mason, Berrian

TE - Cooley

D/ST - Vikings

K - Bironas

As you can see I am in desperate need for help at RB. But I feel like I might be able to get something better. Problem is none of the teams that have good QBs have decent RBs... This is the best I've been offered.

Parker/Romo

For

Brees/Bradshaw

BTW, what happened in the 4th & 5th round of your draft? I understand the Brees/Johnson/Jennings for the 1st 3 picks, but after that, there's no one that looks 4th & 5th round worthy.

On a team like yours, you should have a grant, rice, mcfadden, kevin smith, benson, etc. One of those guys woulda been available in the 4th & 5th round, and also a housh, hester, vjax, holmes, etc at WR.

BTW, what happened in the 4th & 5th round of your draft? I understand the Brees/Johnson/Jennings for the 1st 3 picks, but after that, there's no one that looks 4th & 5th round worthy.

On a team like yours, you should have a grant, rice, mcfadden, kevin smith, benson, etc. One of those guys woulda been available in the 4th & 5th round, and also a housh, hester, vjax, holmes, etc at WR.

I had Ryan Grant, with Matt Ryan as my QB. I also had Wes Welker and John Carlson. All of them were involved in the Brees trade (Brees, Mason, Cooley, L. Johnson) which has amounted to me not having a startable RB#2. My team may have been better without Brees. It was certainly more balanced. :wacko:

^^ Ahhh, that explains it.

In one of my leagues, I have Steven Jackson, Grant, Rice, and Benson. We only start 2 RBs, so basically I have a surplus.

Find someone like me & offer up Johnson/LJ for Grant/Rice. Something along those lines. If there's someone with a surplus of running backs, maybe they'll be happy to get rid of McFadden/Kevin Smith to upgrade to Chris Johnson. I'm always open ears to a trade where I get the best player. You'll win too cause you'll have 2 producing RBs, and then Brees can carry you.

And I wouldn't feel bad about dumping Johnson, cause I'm pretty low on him this year anyways.

If you traded the farm to get Brees, don't give away your new farm!

I would dump Mendenhall for anybody though, check out James Davis. He has potential to finish the season as a workhorse RB.

Edited by jordanzs

Dude I'd do it!!!! Drew Brees posted nearly 50 points last week with over 300yds and 6TD's. This is no fluke as NO is a pure passing offense. Willie parker is injury prone and by the end of the year will lose his starting job. The difference between bradshaw and parker you'll make out with the difference between Brees and Romo. You'll come out ahaead. Pull the trigger.

^^ Ahhh, that explains it.

In one of my leagues, I have Steven Jackson, Grant, Rice, and Benson. We only start 2 RBs, so basically I have a surplus.

Find someone like me & offer up Johnson/LJ for Grant/Rice. Something along those lines. If there's someone with a surplus of running backs, maybe they'll be happy to get rid of McFadden/Kevin Smith to upgrade to Chris Johnson. I'm always open ears to a trade where I get the best player. You'll win too cause you'll have 2 producing RBs, and then Brees can carry you.

And I wouldn't feel bad about dumping Johnson, cause I'm pretty low on him this year anyways.

If you traded the farm to get Brees, don't give away your new farm!

I would dump Mendenhall for anybody though, check out James Davis. He has potential to finish the season as a workhorse RB.

There's a team that has Slaton, Thomas Jones, Benson, Jonathan Stewart, and Coffee. Do you think he'd do Slaton/T. Jones for Johnson & Johnson :wacko:?

I ask before I offer because he's my new boss at work... I don't want him to think I'm crazy/a scam artist.

I would sniff it out & see if he values Chris Johnson more than Slaton. He might. Lots of people do.

Also sniff out who he values more, Thomas Jones or Benson.

I'd give Johnson/Johnson to get Slaton with T. Jones or Benson. I'm actually pretty high on Benson, and in most drafts, he's fallen deep to me.

Oh yeah, I'm a believer in the cheatsheets from Fantasy Index. Here's their latest release of top 30 running backs:

1 MIN 9 Peterson 13 114 .90 16.8

2 JAC 7 Jones-Drew 13 111 .85 16.2

3 ATL 4 Turner 14 95 .84 14.6

4 CHI 5 Forte 14 100 .76 14.6

5 CAR 4 Williams C 15 90 .73 13.4

6 SF 6 Gore 13 97 .71 14.0

7 STL 9 S.Jackson 13 103 .66 14.2

8 TEN 7 C.Johnson C 14 96 .48 12.5

9 NYG10 Jacobs C 13 92 .80 14.1

10 BAL 7 Rice C 14 92 .53 12.4

11 GB 5 Grant 13 90 .72 13.3

12 CIN 8 Benson 14 92 .58 12.7

13 DET 7 K.Smith 14 87 .55 12.0

14 HOU10 Slaton 13 95 .56 12.9

15 PHI 4 Westbrook 12 92 .77 13.8

16 DAL 6 Barber C 13 82 .75 12.7

17 WAS 8 Portis 13 87 .62 12.4

18 SD 5 Tomlinson C 13 81 .65 12.1

19 SEA 7 J.Jones C 15 73 .47 10.1

20 OAK 9 McFadden C 15 75 .48 10.2

21 ARI 4 Hightower C 15 69 .48 9.8

22 NYJ 9 T.Jones C 15 68 .51 9.8

23 CAR 4 Stewart C 15 65 .53 9.7

24 SD 5 Sproles 2 65 .60 10.1

25 IND 6 Addai C 14 67 .56 10.1

26 NO 5 Bush C 13 74 .56 10.7

27 MIN 9 Taylor 2 106 .92 16.0

28 KC 8 L.Johnson 14 72 .42 9.8

29 NYJ 9 Washington C 15 60 .50 9.0

30 PIT 8 Parker C 13 70 .57 10.4

Notice that the space between Johnson & Benson is pretty small.

If you really want a trade that could go through, offer Johnson/Johnson/Mendenhall(or Bell) for Benson/Jones/Stewart. You'll be stoking him out by giving him a good Slaton/Chris Johnson combo, and you'll in return have 3 running backs ranked in the top 25. Since you have Brees, you can win with that! Don't be afraid to trade away big names if you're keeping production.

Edited by jordanzs

Here is my team (ESPN Standard scoring with 6 points for a passing TD and no PPR).

QB - Brees, Orton

RB - C. Johnson, Bradshaw, L. Johnson, Mendenhall, M. Bell

WR - Jennings, Burleson, Mason, Berrian

TE - Cooley

D/ST - Vikings

K - Bironas

As you can see I am in desperate need for help at RB. But I feel like I might be able to get something better. Problem is none of the teams that have good QBs have decent RBs... This is the best I've been offered.

Parker/Romo

For

Brees/Bradshaw

dont even consider that trade.......brees should be untouchable on your roster

He came to me with Johnson, Johnson, and Bradshaw for Benson, T. Jones, and J. Stewart. Thoughts?

A lot to read up on here....

Regarding the last post. I don't do it. I still see all 3 guys you get being considerable question marks. I'd rather have Brees & CJ and play matchups at RB with scrubs than give up CJ for a package of meh.