[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

trade help! give Roy Williams/Shockey for Tony Gonzo?

stevie58s

I need advice for 3 things:

1) Should i give Roy Williams/Shockey to get Tony Gonzalez?

I feel the logic behind this trade is to give 2 risky players for one of the surest thing at the TE position. And it means I have Mike-Sims Walker as my WR3.

2) Should I ask him to take Celek instead of Shockey? (in other words, which TE of the 2 should I try to keep) (Celek and Tony Gonzo also have the same bye week 4)

3) Should I ask him to throw in Percy Harvin or Kevin Walter or just take the take the trade mentioned above as is.

Thanks guys!

Here's my team (12-team, non-PPR league)

QB: Tom Brady

WR: Randy Moss

WR: TJ Houshmanzadeh

WR: Roy Williams

RB: Ryan Grant

RB: Pierre Thomas

TE: Jeremy Shockey

Bench: Mike Sims-Walker

Bench: Brent Celek

Bench: Donald Brown

Bench: LeSean McCoy

Bench: Cedric Benson

Bench : Matt Hasselbeck

Edited by stevie58s

uh, gonzo is great... hall of famer.

but to give up a #1 receiver to get him? no way. you have plenty of talent in shockey and celek. as for the bye week, you can always swap celek for another, just for the week. shockey seems to have his head on straight again, so as long as he stays healthy, he will produce. so, no... don't do it.

I would do it. I just did a very similar trade.

Sent: REggie Wayne + Shockey + felix Jones

Received: SJAX + Tony Gonzo + Tedd ginn.

it was more like... reggie for SJAX... and shockey + felix for Gonzo.. since i wont play Tedd ginn ever. But if you looked at my roster.. I needed to make a move for a RB1. even if felix jones explodes... I was lookin at the long term.. (when marion comes back.. felix will be limited again).

and my own thinking was that Gonzo is much more consistent HIGH amount of points. Shockey has been getting a lot of redzone looks. potentially JUST as good as gonzo.. but gonzo is more stable

Now i understand that my trade was a little different than yours. I traded a WR1 yes but i got a RB1 in return + other guys for gonzo. Now for you.... Can you compare Roy williams to REggie williams? Not really. Roy williams is actually like a borderline WR2. So i would do this trade. then go get a WR off waiver. did you miss on the STeve smith/ Mario manningham/ johnny knox/ etc?

Now i understand that my trade was a little different than yours. I traded a WR1 yes but i got a RB1 in return + other guys for gonzo. Now for you.... Can you compare Roy williams to REggie williams? Not really. Roy williams is actually like a borderline WR2. So i would do this trade. then go get a WR off waiver. did you miss on the STeve smith/ Mario manningham/ johnny knox/ etc?

thanks for your advice man. yea i didnt really miss on them... my league is super competitive with a bunch of hawks. steve smith, manningham, knox were already gone after week 1.

Edited by stevie58s

I would do it. I just did a very similar trade.

Sent: REggie Wayne + Shockey + felix Jones

Received: SJAX + Tony Gonzo + Tedd ginn.

it was more like... reggie for SJAX... and shockey + felix for Gonzo.. since i wont play Tedd ginn ever. But if you looked at my roster.. I needed to make a move for a RB1. even if felix jones explodes... I was lookin at the long term.. (when marion comes back.. felix will be limited again).

Steven Jackson was the best you could get for Reggie Wayne?? Dude - you got hosed!

Shockey seems like he's bulled his head out of his ass, and Felix Jones may very be the starter in Dallas if Barber can't go. Even if he can - he's still pretty decent. He alone (behind Barber) will put up similar #'s to Jackson - who is the starter with no one threatening or stealing carries.