[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Smith injury update?

koralkillers

Yahoo had mentioned that it could be serious, but I'm not sure where they're getting that information other then maybe the way he looked on the sidelines. Hoping it's not to serious.

"We're not into giving competitive advantage to other people," Schwartz said, detailing how his experience as a defensive coordinator makes him hesitant to give out injury information about key offensive players. Unfortunately, we probably won't know Smith's status for Week 4 until next Sunday at 12PM ET.

This is only information I could find??I guess no news is good news.

Running back Kevin Smith hopes to return Sunday at Chicago after leaving the Lions’ 19-14 victory over Washington with a shoulder injury.

“I’m alive,” Smith said today. “I’m not ready to play if we had to play a game tomorrow, and that’s just probably because of the general soreness. But I’m 22 years old. I usually heal pretty fast. I don’t have any bone damage or anything like that.”

Asked if it was just a bruise, Smith said: “I don’t know yet. I’m about to go walk in there and find out. I haven’t gotten my results yet. But they say I’m not out of it, so that’s a good sign.”

Smith said his goal was to get back to practice Wednesday. He said he needs at least a couple of days of practice to feel prepared for a game.

Before Smith left in the third quarter Sunday, he was on his way to surpassing his career high of 112 rushing yards. He rushed for 101 yards on 16 carries.

Great news for us Smith owners.