[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thomas Jones vs. Marshawn Lynch

Samson

Who is the better option for this coming week? And for the rest of the season?

Honestly, I think both guys are going to find themselves as parts of a committee and tear my heart out. IMO, they'll be feast of famine players, who have weeks where they shine (you know, the ones where they're on your bench) and weeks where they give up carries and TDs to their backfield teammates (weeks where I would be playing TJ or Lynch).

To be honest, I distrust strength of schedule stats right now, because Defenses are still defining themselves.

What do you think? I'd appreciate well-reasoned case for one or the other.

I've been offered a trade and and would like to know what people think.

I like Jones over Lynch for the rest of the year, but that's just a hunch. The Jets offense seems to be balanced well and Sanchez so far has looked up to the challenge. The issue I see with Lynch is that FJax has played too well while the moron was suspended and it is going to be hard for BUF to sit FJax and give Lynch the majority (more than 65-70%) of the carries. This has the potential to be a great running team but not quite enough to go around to make either Lynch or FJax a top 20 RB.

This week I would take Jones, Lynch is going to be weaned back and I am guessing will only get around 30-40% of the touches this week.

Hope this helps.

Jones is done...or will be soon. He's either going to get injured or give way to someone else. 20 yards on 14 carries last week. Granted it's better than Caddy Williams did but do you really think a guy that averaged 1.4 YPC is going to be able to be relied upon the rest of the year? Not sure about this week but definitely think Lynch is the answer for the rest of the season.

Tuvey's Rest of Season rankings shows Thomas Jones as #9 and Marshawn Lynch at #40-something. I was just wondering if anyone was going to share an opinion that would help me see this disparity. I think both are off and both belong around #30, but wanted to learn from others who might have seen or heard what I hadn't.