[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Abandon Portis?

Puddler

Is it time for me to abandon Portis? Well past time?

The trigger-happy part of me says yes, but the more patient part of me says no. Yes, the Redskins have major problems and Portis now has a calf injury to go with his spurs, but he's facing the Bucs in week 5 and there's already talk from the Redskins of a desire to balance out their offense by getting back to the run.

And what about long term? Surely Portis will be better by mid to late season...or am I kidding myself?

Buckhalter, Moreno, and Bradshaw are all available in my league. I was leaning toward Bradshaw but now he's in a boot and did not practice on Wednesday.

That leaves Buckhalter and Moreno, Moreno having the advantage of youth and getting more carries despite failing to score as many fantasy points and Bucky.

PPR league.

Would you drop Portis and pickup Moreno?

my other 2 RB's are LT and Julius Jones- need someone to play in week 4.

Looks I am also going to tough it out one more week with him. Can't seem to find a taker for him even with some guys having bye week / injury issues so looks like he is mine for the rest of the year. Asked for a WR3 and no dice, what a waste of a 1st round pick.

My choices this week are limited so he get's the nod (again)

Portis is going to end up with at least 800 yds and 7-9 TDs - the Skins have no other option at RB. Good news is...most of those yards and TDs are in front of him. Moreno and Jackson are interesting. Problem is Moreno shares with Buck and plays for Josh McDaniels who will not commit to one guy. Jackson will be in a full time share shortly. Moreno is probably the highest risk, highest reward guy here - If he becomes the real RB1 on his team (P.Hillis still steals some goal line carries). Portis is going to grind out his week-in, week-out, making him a low end RB2 with some upside. Jackson is a total crap shoot on a mediocre team.

I would stick with Portis or take a chance on Moreno if you believe he will be THE guy there shortly. Gun to my head, I stick with CP. Keep in mind, I am a (gulp) Skins fan.