[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade: Frank Gore for Vikings Def

franchizetag

I've had it dealing with Gore and his ankles. Ran this through a Trade analyzer and it has me moderately favored. Now, I'm not going solely by that analyzer, but it does make me wonder if the trade is worth doing.

Will the Vikings come on. The Guy is carrying MINN, DEN and NY Jets. I've tried to get the Jets from him but I know that ain't going to happen.

So huddlers, how should I proceed?

My plan is to drop Washington after the Tampa game and go with AZ. Then hope Gore can make it after he comes back. CRAP!

Thanks

I've had it dealing with Gore and his ankles. Ran this through a Trade analyzer and it has me moderately favored. Now, I'm not going solely by that analyzer, but it does make me wonder if the trade is worth doing.

Will the Vikings come on. The Guy is carrying MINN, DEN and NY Jets. I've tried to get the Jets from him but I know that ain't going to happen.

So huddlers, how should I proceed?

My plan is to drop Washington after the Tampa game and go with AZ. Then hope Gore can make it after he comes back. CRAP!

Thanks

ummmmmmm what :wacko:

Listen I know the "unwritten" rules of Fantasy football say you shouldn't do this or that, but come on. Gore is INJURY PRONE. And was so before 30 carry Singletary took the reigns. Yeah, Ferrari's are stud cars that can run. Problem is all the maintainence that's required. A stud running back plays every game. LT was that guy, Portis to a lesser extent was that guy. Frank Gore's just a hair better than Steven Jackson. Always ranked high before the season, usually very dissapointing at the end of the season.

Am I going to do the trade probably not. Will Gore do well when he come back, yes but for how many games and who's to say that Singletary won't use him in a committee with Coffee after he gets back.

My only goal is to put the best team together. Hopefully Arizona can be a top 10 Def this year. If so then there is no need to make this trade. But I need to find my crystal ball.

IT'S A DEFENSE!! PERIOD!!! Defenses are a dime a dozen like a kicker and I play the who are they playin this week waiver and it works just fine! No Stud RB is worth any defense in the league bar none!!! Go ahead and do it and let me know how it works out for you in the end i'm curious. If it does than u beat the odds!! :wacko:

Listen I know the "unwritten" rules of Fantasy football say you shouldn't do this or that, but come on. Gore is INJURY PRONE. And was so before 30 carry Singletary took the reigns. Yeah, Ferrari's are stud cars that can run. Problem is all the maintainence that's required. A stud running back plays every game. LT was that guy, Portis to a lesser extent was that guy. Frank Gore's just a hair better than Steven Jackson. Always ranked high before the season, usually very dissapointing at the end of the season.

Am I going to do the trade probably not. Will Gore do well when he come back, yes but for how many games and who's to say that Singletary won't use him in a committee with Coffee after he gets back.

My only goal is to put the best team together. Hopefully Arizona can be a top 10 Def this year. If so then there is no need to make this trade. But I need to find my crystal ball.

A hair better than Stephen Jackson really? It's the rams please I will take 80% of the RBs out there over the LAMBS back any day of the week! Jackson is a stud yes but not in that situation never!! SF is 10 times the team those boyz are come again!!!! Oh and ur from St. Louie figures!!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

No way I would trade gore for the Minnesotta DST. Theres plenty of viable fill ins you can use as your DST each week. More to the point, why is a guy carrying 3 DSTs on his bench in the first place?

He drafted Jets and Vikings with same bye.

Only redeeming feature of Gore is his playoff schedule.

I need to get a Priest and a Rabbi to bless him for the rest of the season though.

By the way, how good are you at picking the right D's at the right time because I'm Terrible at it.

Hey spud, Question of actual team play not really up for discussion. The Mike Martz regime decimated my team for years to come. Fantasy wise, where did Gore finish last year in fantasy points, basically even with S. Jax. Listen, at the begining of this post I just made the comment that some number generator suggested this was a good trade. I came to this forum for advice, when what I really got was grandstanding.

How many trade offers you think back on in the past that looked ignorant actually turn out to be legitimate? I know I've had a few. My gut tells me that even if I were to consider doing such a thing I better get a top 5 D for what I'm giving up. And I'm not feeling it.

Back to real football, one things certain, we are both in the WOEFUL WEST. So when you win this division, which is yours to loose, tell me how the view is up on that mole hill.

I just read your post again and am more confused the 2nd time.

If your ream is the one in your signature, you're gonna give up your best player for a 3rd defense - leaving you with R Grant and 3 backup RB's. Who are you gonna start as your 2nd RB..

If you're dead set on trading Gore, why don't you try to upgrade SOMEWHERE. Defense is not one of those areas. Why not start with a QB. You have a QB who's hurt - and his backup (Kolb) is playing better than McNabb has for a few years. Your backup QB plays for a team who's #1 weapon is a RB.

With that, I say do it. It's your team - just hope you didn't pay a penny to get into it.

If your ream is the one in your signature, you're gonna give up your best player for a 3rd defense - leaving you with R Grant and 3 backup RB's. Who are you gonna start as your 2nd RB..

i agree...making this move will make you very thin @ RB. btw...it's not hard to play the DEF wavier wire dance every week. you do know who the sucky teams in the NFL are, don't you? go with matchups & you should be alright. you may not hit a homerun every week, but i think you'll be better off than having to start one of your other RBs for the rest of the season.

Buddahj, I appreciate a rational opinion. Sure this would leave me thin at RB but who isn't these days. I drafted Fitz and Moss 1sr round and second round because I didn't feel like getting burned by Forte, Tomlinson, to a lesser extend MJD and M. turner.

Again, this was only to seek guidance. Am I going to keep 3 D's no. Am I going to even do this Trade, probably not. Obviously, according to the FF hierarchy this is a silly move. And if I win because of Frank Gore, I'll be thanking Shorty and Spud in Dec for keeping me on the straight and narrow. But if Gore turns out to be a bum because of injury, I'll make sure to revisit this.

Fair enough?

Why the Hell draft Gore in the first place if you are tired of his ankles?

Of course in our league, here are the TOP TEN scorers of last year. So a great Defense is good to have. I like the trade!

1.Steelers 402

2. Eagles

3. Ravens

4. Titans

5. Vikings 324

6. Andre Johnson 320

7. Giants

8. Cowboys

9. Larry Fitz

10.DeAngelo Williams 307