[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who do I start

Crazysight

Who do I start out of these players?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Pick 1 for me to start this week, taking into consideration:

• Dwayne Bowe vs. NYG
    • Antonio Gates @ Pittsburgh
    • Ryan Grant @ Minnesota
    • Justin Gage @ Jacksonville
    • Vernon Davis vs. St. Louis

Take these things into consideration too: 1) Bowe is active but coming off a hamstring injury. He's also up against the #1 rated pass defense (for WRs) in the NFL.

2) Ryan Grant is playing in Minnesota against the #2 rated run defense in the NFL.

3) Gage is playing at Jacksonville, the second worst (or in my case, best) rated pass defense (for WRs) in the NFL.

4) Gates plays at Pittsburgh, whose been very good at defending the pass against wide receivers thus far but only average against TEs.

5) VD plays St Louis, whose been 7th worse in the league at defending the pass against WRs, but is surprisingly 3rd best at defending against TEs (maybe because teams haven't even had to use their TEs much).

6) 0.5 points per recepiton.

source:http://www.thehuddle.com/myHuddle/sos.php?...=2009&ccs=1

Edited by Crazysight

Take these things into consideration too: 1) Bowe is active but coming off a hamstring injury. He's also up against the #1 rated pass defense (for WRs) in the NFL.

2) Ryan Grant is playing in Minnesota against the #2 rated run defense in the NFL.

3) Gage is playing at Jacksonville, the second worst (or in my case, best) rated pass defense (for WRs) in the NFL.

4) Gates plays at Pittsburgh, whose been very good at defending the pass against wide receivers thus far but only average against TEs.

5) VD plays St Louis, whose been 7th worse in the league at defending the pass against WRs, but is surprisingly 3rd best at defending against TEs (maybe because teams haven't even had to use their TEs much).

source:http://www.thehuddle.com/myHuddle/sos.php?...=2009&ccs=1

Where did you get this stat? The Rams have always gotten ROASTED by TE's.

Yeah I'm leaning towards Gage in a must-win for Tennessee against that Jaguars D. So far seems I'm the only one liking Gage though. Guess it's a good problem to have to have this sort of depth though. Always seems like no matter who you pick it will be the wrong choice though. :wacko:

Edited by Crazysight

This is according to the strength of schedule tool that is here on the huddle. Granted, the stats are based only on the first 3 weeks of this season, however.

Oh, OK. For some reason last week GB didn't even target ther TE's. Take that game out and re-run the stats and you'll see the Rams are notoriously (did I use that right?) soft on TE's.

Oh, OK. For some reason last week GB didn't even target ther TE's. Take that game out and re-run the stats and you'll see the Rams are notoriously (did I use that right?) soft on TE's.

Wow thanks for pointing that out. It is tough to make too many conclusions off of only 3 weeks of play as the margin or error can be so great. One fluke week can throw the stats right off.