[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice involving Steve Smith (NYG)

cbraendle

Should i trade Steve Smith (NYG) and Darren Sproles (my 6th RB) for Anquan Boldin and Marshawn Lynch?

Smith and Sproles are sell high guys, and Boldin and Lynch are both buy low guys. The guy i'm trading with has been benching boldin, because he also has larry fitzgerald. would he go for this trade if i offered?

Do you think i could do better? Or is this about it?

I am also thinking about offering this trade to someone else:

Steve Smith (NYG), Darren Sproles, and Marion Barber

FOR

Calvin Johnson, Santonio Holmes

his other WR's are Percy Harvin and Maningham. His other RB's are Portis, Betts, and Grant. He has already rejected Smith and Sproles for Calvin. Would he reject this too?

nvm about the 2nd one. i would have 4 good WR's lol. i only need 3 tops.

I offered that guy Steve Smith (NYG), Buckhalter, and Sproles

FOR

Portis, Betts, and Calvin Johnson.

Is this a fair trade?

I'd take that deal if I was getting Smith. I think you are overpaying in this one. Portis / Betts at this point isn't worth much IMO and in my non-PPR league SSmith is the #1 WR YTD. I'd wait this one out, let everyone know he is available to be traded for and see what offers come back.

Your first deal of Smith / Sproles for Boldin / Lynch may be ok if you realyl think Boldin is gong to come back after the bye and do something. I'm not convinced, but that's just my opinion. Lynch is interesting as he actually got one more touch yesterday than FJax in his first game back. This leads me to believe he may be getting the lion's share of carries soon (contrary to my thoughts on this last week before he came back).

If you are set on making a deal I would push for the first one over the third one you posted.

There's a reason why the last 2 years Steve Smith has been Manning's go to guy on 3rd downs. The guy just gets open. There's nothing flashy whatsoever about him, he just gets it done. As already stated by others, he's #1 WR in PPR leagues by a good bit over second. I don't think its a fluke at all. Just my 1/2 cent.

Last week, I dealt Smith and Rice for Slaton and Ocho. 0.5 PPR H2H League that scores 10 rush yds = 1 and 20 rec yds = 1. A barometer for you to guage his value, though of course, Smith holds even more value after the week 4 game but that's the way it goes. I still feel good about the deal.

Edited by PPIchamp

i cancelled the boldin trade, but lynch also had like 5 catches for 40 yards, too.

I now offered Smith, Marion Barber, and Sproles

FOR

the other Steve Smith (lol), MJD, and Galloway.

Galloway and Sproles are toss-ins.

so, bascially: Smith and Barber for the other Smith and MJD. is this one good? I think MJD is a big enough upgrade over Barber.

That one at least makes me think a little bit. I personally would tell him to keep Galloway, he has no value IMO. I guess you have to figure that Steve Smith(Panther) will get things going, but I still really like Steve Smith (NYG). There are enough quality targets around him that he won't get doubled. Eli loves him. I think Barber is a beast too and will score plenty of points.........I dunno, its a tough one.