[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

new to fantasy..help!

aceofkush

hi i'm new to fantasy and my draft was somewhat succesful, except for runningbacks....right now i have frank gore, who is injured this week...and jerome harrison and mewelde moore as my starters...i have no idea how i'm supposed to get good runningbacks because all the starters are already taken, as well as most of the good second-strings...

can anyone offer any advice on what i should do this week or in the future???

You'll probably hear it by the time I post this, but first we need to see your current roster and scoring system.

Second, you've done well to get Moore and Harrison on your roster. You may need to look over some other player's rosters in your league who seem to be heavy at RB & see if they have needs at QB/WR/TE, and then try to trade one of your players at those positions (assuming you have some depth to give).

Finally, it may not help you in this situation, but another strategy would be to look at the willie parker owner's roster and see what he's got. he may not give you a rb, but if he has a qb or wr you want, you may be able to swing a trade there to upgrade one of these spots. that may give you sufficient depth there to try for a better rb from another roster in the weeks ahead.

Welcome to the Huddle and FF.

You can always offer up a trade if you are deep in the receiver area or sometimes you can down grade at QB if you have a hot QB and get some RB's. Also, depending on your rule set, you could shop the waiver wire. Sometimes you can find an absolute gem on there or another player drops a RB they've been holding onto because he hasn't performed, but they need a slot because of bye week or injury issues.

I'd start with the WW first, then look at some trades. See were other people are weak but your strong at a position. Also keep in mind, that at times, you will want to look at maybe 3 or 4 trades down the line to get what you need.

Example You need a running back but no one wants to deal because they don't like what you have to offer accept maybe another player that will trade a receiver you have for a receiver another member wants. You can then make that trade then offer up the receiver to the other member for the RB.

You'll probably hear it by the time I post this, but first we need to see your current roster and scoring system.

Second, you've done well to get Moore and Harrison on your roster. You may need to look over some other player's rosters in your league who seem to be heavy at RB & see if they have needs at QB/WR/TE, and then try to trade one of your players at those positions (assuming you have some depth to give).

Finally, it may not help you in this situation, but another strategy would be to look at the willie parker owner's roster and see what he's got. he may not give you a rb, but if he has a qb or wr you want, you may be able to swing a trade there to upgrade one of these spots. that may give you sufficient depth there to try for a better rb from another roster in the weeks ahead.

thanks for all your help everyone! okay here is my roster

QB

Roethlisberger

Romo

WR

Houshmanzadeh

R. Moss

Berrian

P. Harvin ®

RB

J. Harrison

M. Moore

F. Gore ®

L. Maroney ®

TE

D. Keller

J. Finley®

K

R. Longwell

DST

Redskins

i'm definitely willing to try and execute trades, i just don't know what my best bets would be...maybe getting rid of romo?

You may want to look at everyones roster and see who needs a qb and that had depth at rb, most likely there will be one...try to deal romo but I believe roth would be easy to find a trade with at this point, it would leave you with romo but he's still a decent qb to have. Is sammy morris still avaiable..he will probably be the NE RB to hav and should see 10-15 touches a game with Goalline work which is a good low#2 rb to have..if he is drop one of your te's probably finely to pick him up...good luck

any other rb on your waivers that are worth a mention?

Edited by 85thatstright10

You may want to look at everyones roster and see who needs a qb and that had depth at rb, most likely there will be one...try to deal romo but I believe roth would be easy to find a trade with at this point, it would leave you with romo but he's still a decent qb to have. Is sammy morris still avaiable..he will probably be the NE RB to hav and should see 10-15 touches a game with Goalline work which is a good low#2 rb to have..if he is drop one of your te's probably finely to pick him up...good luck

correll buckhalter is on waivers? is he a good choice or is moreno gonna have the ball all night?

try looking at my roster grid and see if you have any tips?

correll buckhalter is on waivers? is he a good choice or is moreno gonna have the ball all night?

buckhalter is hurt, out for 1-2 weeks maybe more...when he did play he was the most productive back in DEN..in my ppr league he scores 6, 16, 10, 11 points in the 4 weeks he started...i think he's worth a spot. I wouldnt start him everyweek but a spot start here and there when the matchups right could be beneficial...Maybe try picking up Jamal Charles RB KAN...he's not getting much playing time but I dont see LJ keeping his job for much longer...it's a long season at at some point I can see this guy getting the starting gig

cant look at it..you need a username and password

Edited by 85thatstright10