[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Long term care Insurance.....

rocknrobn26

I was offered this insurance through my work back when it was alot cheaper. I decided not to do it. At our age now the cost of the insurance is pretty steep. Like all insurance you're hoping you never have to use it.

Like with anything else, the coverage varies wildly depending on who you get it from. It's super expensive. Long term care is very expensive though (I believe the average right now is about $7k per month), so I guess it's understandable.

I haven't run across a ton of people who have it. The one time I did during my home care/hospice stint, there was a waiting period of maybe 30-60 days before the benefit kicked in, but once it did, the cost was 100% paid.

Edited by Czarina

The money people I listen to suggest it at age 60. Long Term care is extremely expensive so I would shop around for a good policy at a competitive rate. I don't know how old some of you fogeys :wacko: are but it might be worth looking into it

Careful there, whippersnapper. :wacko:

Sic 'em Doc....Sic 'EM!

I looked into this before. Frankly, I remember reading that there is a 1 in 3 chance of having an extended stay in a nursing home, and if that is true then this thing makes a roulette bet look great! :D . Mrs. RR thinks we need it and I think it's bullchit. The terms we were offered yesterday are better than the other ones we have gotten. Here are the terms we got subject of course to a physical:

Prudential:

Cost per Day=$150

Inflation=5%/year

Years=4 for each of us. And If one doesn't use their years it transfers to the spouse.

Cost=$386/ month for the both of us.

What scares me is what they DON'T SAY...if you get my drift. Not to mention the premium can go up for many reasons.

Again, any and all comments are appreciated. 'Cept for Square of course! :D