[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice

vaderhater

I am not familiar with your QB scoring but I wouldnt be crazy about the deal. Rivers is a not that much below brady and Wayne is the best WR in football on a pass-happy team. But I guess if brady is levels above rivers in your scoring system then it may not be a bad trade.

Not sure I like that deal for you ... giving up Wayne is what puts me off the most ... then you toss in LT who has been a "bust" based on expectations, but I'd not yet consider him a throwaway player. Ok, so you add Brady and his 156 completions in 6 games ... but since you already have Schaub (143 completions in 6 games) the price for Brady seems way too high IMO.

I think some of these other people are disregarding the fact that this is a keeper league, which I confess I have no experience with myself.

However, if I can assume that you keep all of your players each year (only conducting a rookie draft), then you have to consider it this way (correct me if I'm wrong).

Wayne (getting towards the end of his career), LT (end), and Rivers (relative beginning with much upside)

FOR

Brady (middle of his career with plenty of future upside), and Smith (beginning of his career, potential big upside)

Those facts make it a little more difficult to determine, but if you're not concerned with keepers, than stick with the guys who you've got, as they give the best chance to win now. It all depends on what your priorities are i guess.

i also forgot to mention that Wayne has the obvious upside right now, and at least for probably another season or two at least.

That said, you are correct to assume that Steve Smith is a gamble. He's more of a PPR than TD threat, but he also could be a guy you could rely on for a very long time if he proves to be the real deal there.

But other than the youth upgrade, I really don't see a huge upgrade in Brady when you already have Rivers and Schaub on pass-happy teams. The upgrade doesn't seem worth the loss there.