[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MJD for Moss and Addai?

Swashbucklers

The owner with MJD needs WR help. The deal would be MJD, Sidney Rice, and Heap for Addai, Moss or AJ, and Shiancoe or Witten. The problem is right now I have Rice and Benson as my RBs and Addai as a bye week filler or spot starter. Is MJD that much of an upgrade over Rice or Benson to lose Moss or AJ? My other WRs are SSmith (NYG) and Burleson. Standard performance, no ppr.

Since no PPR, I'd think more about that deal before pulling the trigger.

Rice, Benson, Addai are not sexy RBs to be sure (I assume you mean Ray Rice not Sidney the WR), but they have been decent or better so far at producing FF points ... Moss & AJ, along with Witten, is arguably as solid a pass catching group as you can have.

Roster #1:

Rice, Benson, Addai / Moss, AJ, Witten

Roster #2:

Rice, Benson, MJD / Moss, Burleson, Heap

Even though S. Smith & Burleson are viable FF starters currently on your bench - I think I'd rather have roster #1 above ... still, if you are that high on MJD's chances for the remainder of the season, it is certainly not a lopsided deal ... I'm just not sold on the idea that this trade really makes your team better.

Edited by ts

I wouldn't do it. While i'm not crazy about Addai going forward, you're not stuck with him starting. You have the choice between him, Rice, and Benson (which might not have sounded that great at the beginning of the season), but now is looking like a nice tandem to choose from.

While I do love MJD in PPR (my #1 pick in that format), you mentioned this is not PPR. The problem there is he still he can be shut down by strong defenses that key in on him, or if the Jags are down a bunch of scores (he's put up some small #'s some of those weeks).

He's valuable in PPR becuase he always gets his carries, catches, and even multiple TDs to boot some weeks, but in performance-based leagues, he will only sometimes be an upgrade over who you have now.

Next of course, you have to ask yourself who you have that can fill the gap of losing AJ or Moss. My guess is that gap will come back to haunt you far more frequently than will MJD work as a major upgrade for you.

I would pass for sure, and be happy with your team. You couldn't be doing that bad with those talents anyway.

Thanks for the well thought out replies. That is what I thought, that it doesn't make my team that much better with Benson and Ray Rice as my starting RBs. I am trying to work out a trade with the same owner that would give me Donald Brown (to pair with Addai in case something happens down the road) and Sidney Rice for SSmith and Fred Jackson. I don't want to overhaul my WR corp as I like having both Moss and AJ.