[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 trade options - get Colston or LT?

Steelhead

Key players on my team

Ryan, Cassel

Gore, Moreno, Maroney, Fred Jackson

Ochocinco, Sidney Rice, Steve Smith (CAR), Crabtree

Gonzalez, Marcedes Lewis

Option 1 - trade Sidney Rice for LT and Bryant or Britt - upgrades my RB2 spot and downgrades my WR2. Forces me to start Crabtree or pick up some waiver wire fodder - if I am lucky Lee Evans this evening. If I think LT is going to start producing then this may be worth it. owner will take this trade in a heartbeat. His WRs are crap and he's desperate to upgrade (he has Edwards, Knox, Royal, Bryant, Britt). I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling on this one. I'm trying to resist the LT name as he's just a name right now

Option 2 - trade Sidney Rice / Gonzo for Colston - Downgrade at TE as I'll have to start Marcedes Lewis but upgrade at WR2 with Colston over Rice. Last couple weeks Rice has been more consistent. Question is will Colston get more consistency (their schedule isn't too bad) and will Rice continue this production he's had lately. I first tried to give him Steve Smith and Gonzo but he said no but would consider Rice and Gonzo. Again maybe not that much of an upgrade. Colston is 10th in scoring thus far and Rice 17th. similar number of rec and Rice has more yardage but the difference maker is Colston has 5 TDs to Rice's 2.

I think if owner will do it I go with Option 2 or no trades at all. Try to get him to take Lewis if possible.

One other thing to note this is a 2 keeper league. If I get Colston then I have options of keeping Gore and then choosing between Ocho, Colston, and Steve Smith. Moreno I will be keeping for a 2nd rd pick since in this league if you draft a rookie you can have a 3rd keeper for one year (losing that draft pick). I am 3-5 and maybe should start considering options for next year.

Edited by Steelhead

Key players on my team

Ryan, Cassel

Gore, Moreno, Maroney, Fred Jackson

Ochocinco, Sidney Rice, Steve Smith (CAR), Crabtree

Gonzalez, Marcedes Lewis

Option 1 - trade Sidney Rice for LT and Bryant or Britt - upgrades my RB2 spot and downgrades my WR2. Forces me to start Crabtree or pick up some waiver wire fodder - if I am lucky Lee Evans this evening. If I think LT is going to start producing then this may be worth it. owner will take this trade in a heartbeat. His WRs are crap and he's desperate to upgrade (he has Edwards, Knox, Royal, Bryant, Britt). I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling on this one. I'm trying to resist the LT name as he's just a name right now

Option 2 - trade Sidney Rice / Gonzo for Colston - Downgrade at TE as I'll have to start Marcedes Lewis but upgrade at WR2 with Colston over Rice. Last couple weeks Rice has been more consistent. Question is will Colston get more consistency (their schedule isn't too bad) and will Rice continue this production he's had lately. I first tried to give him Steve Smith and Gonzo but he said no but would consider Rice and Gonzo. Again maybe not that much of an upgrade. Colston is 10th in scoring thus far and Rice 17th. similar number of rec and Rice has more yardage but the difference maker is Colston has 5 TDs to Rice's 2.

I think if owner will do it I go with Option 2 or no trades at all. Try to get him to take Lewis if possible.

One other thing to note this is a 2 keeper league. If I get Colston then I have options of keeping Gore and then choosing between Ocho, Colston, and Steve Smith. Moreno I will be keeping for a 2nd rd pick since in this league if you draft a rookie you can have a 3rd keeper for one year (losing that draft pick). I am 3-5 and maybe should start considering options for next year.

Steel,

If you are playing for today, I think you stand pat. I don't think either deal makes your team better than it is today. I dont believe LT is an upgrade (or much of one) over Moreno. LT is just not getting it done this year. He was given multiple shots against the chiefs last week at the goal line and simply looked old and tired.

In deal two, I think the uptick from Rice to Colston does not off set the huge drop off from Gonzo to Lewis on a week to week basis.

Now, if you truly want to look to the future, I like deal 2 as you land Colston - who I believe you will end up keeping with Moreno.

Please see my post entitled "Deal Shifting"

Tap