[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obscure movie recommendation of the moment

Riffraff

Immortel (ad vitam) English "Immortal"

I could post a youtube link, but even youtube sports some nudity (without logging in)

Little known 2004 film from France, but it's in English. Based upon the comic book trilogy from Enki Bilal.

One part Blade Runner

One part Fifth Element

One part human acting

One part video game CGI world

Five parts warped mind

Definitely not the run of the mill sci-fi movie. Haven't seen this much scatter brained thought put into a sci fi movie in a long time. Very strange movie.

If you like futuristic themes, mash-ups between real actors and CGI actors, European sexual freedoms, and out of the box storylines. This may be for you.

If you like movies that hold your hand and tell you everything that is going on every second of the movie or any semblance of reality. This is not your wheelhouse and will be a terrible, terrible movie for you.

As with any CGI film, the acting isn't the greatest, but It is visually pleasing and warped. If your Netflix queue is low, throw it on there.

Probably not for me. I like warped but I like to think that this could really happen. If a movie does not hit me with some sort of element of it could happen, then I don't get into it as much as I would like. Does sound neat though.

Well, it takes place in New York City, circa 2095. They really created their own "world" though.