[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade advice - positioning for playoffs

MTSuper7

PPR league. Looking to trade Matt Forte and DeSean Jackson and get Cedric Benson and Steve Breaston in return. Benson owner needs to make a move now to get to the playoffs, and Benson has a bye, then BAL and PIT the next three weeks. Forte has a tasty matchup vs. the Browns but his playoff schedule is horrendous. Thoughts on this trade? Should I stand pat with Forte and hope for the best? Am I giving up too much on the WR side? I do have Steve Smith, Miles Austin and Greg Jennings as my other 3 WR, so I can afford to downgrade at WR. Guy I'm trading has Santonio Holmes as his best WR, so I think getting Jackson would make him salivate. Full rosters listed below if you have any other ideas to balance out the Forte for Benson side of the trade:

My roster:

McNabb, Donovan QB PHI

Kolb, Kevin QB PHI

Palmer, Carson QB CIN

Forte, Matt RB CHI

Smith, Kevin RB DET

Gore, Frank RB SF

Choice, Tashard RB DAL

Austin, Miles WR DAL

Jackson, DeSean WR PHI

Smith, Steve WR NYG

Jennings, Greg WR GB

Caldwell, Andre WR CIN

Shiancoe, Visanthe TE

Davis, Fred TE WAS

Finley, Jermichael TE GB

Kaeding, Nate K SD

Broncos DST, Packers DST

Guy I'm looking to trade with's roster:

Brees, Drew QB NO

Brown, Ronnie RB MIA

Westbrook, Brian RB PHI

Bush, Reggie RB NO

Maroney, Laurence RB NE

Benson, Cedric RB CIN

Breaston, Steve WR ARI

Coles, Laveranues WR CIN

Holmes, Santonio WR PIT

Northcutt, Dennis WR DET

Henderson, Devery WR NO

Maclin, Jeremy WR PHI

Owens, Terrell WR BUF

Witten, Jason TE DAL

Carney, John K NO

Tynes, Lawrence K NYG

Chargers DST

Colts DST

Patriots DST

That is tempting to trade for the league's leading rusher, but looking at the receivers in this trade and after watching Jackson on Monday Night Football I'd hate to miss out on any more games like that (my league rewards extra points for long TD's, and thus QB-WR combos are always coveted). Add to that Boldin is likely back this week, giving Breaston fewer opportunities. Benson does have more than twice the yards as Forte and ahead 5-1 in touchdowns. I'm also a Forte owner and have been frustrated all year and would welcome Benson on my team. I'm giving Forte one more chance this week, then it's pine time. I guess it depends on where your team sits in the standings and how much your team can afford to miss Benson's bye week, and let your trade partner get in the playoff hunt. Sure would be nice to see how Forte does this week, but if you think getting Benson will push your team through the playoffs later and you're comfortable with your remaining WR's, then I would make the trade. PS - our favorite "pro" teams play this week in what they're calling the Toilet Bowl. I'll be showing up with a bag over my head and a plunger in my hand.

In my opinion, DeSean can be a risky play. Some receivers will get you consistent points each week, some will be boom or bust players. One stinker game from DeSean and you're knocked out of the playoffs. I saw Maclin get lots of targets on Monday, I think his role will keep expanding.

The huge upside for Breaston is his remaining schedule. Check it out. U wanna talk about playoff positioning? He's got the lions in week 15 & rams in week 16. The Cards should put up plenty of points, and if they do, Fitz & Boldin might sit in the 2nd halfs.

The jump from Forte to Benson could be huge, assuming Forte deosn't turn things around.

I would definitely 'consider' the trade.

If you do it, I'd suggest dropping Finley or Fred Davis, and grabbing Bernard Scott as Benson's handcuff. Scott apparently has lots of skill, and could be a top 10 play if benson gets injured.

Edited by jordanzs

In my opinion, DeSean can be a risky play. Some receivers will get you consistent points each week, some will be boom or bust players. One stinker game from DeSean and you're knocked out of the playoffs. I saw Maclin get lots of targets on Monday, I think his role will keep expanding.

The huge upside for Breaston is his remaining schedule. Check it out. U wanna talk about playoff positioning? He's got the lions in week 15 & rams in week 16. The Cards should put up plenty of points, and if they do, Fitz & Boldin might sit in the 2nd halfs.

The jump from Forte to Benson could be huge, assuming Forte deosn't turn things around.

I would definitely 'consider' the trade.

If you do it, I'd suggest dropping Finley or Fred Davis, and grabbing Bernard Scott as Benson's handcuff. Scott apparently has lots of skill, and could be a top 10 play if benson gets injured.

This is the way I was thinking. DeSean is complete boom or bust, and when you look at this trade merely for each player's value in weeks 14-16 (ff playoffs), I think it favors me pretty clearly. Forte has the worst schedule in terms of points allowed by opposing defenses while Bensons is one of the best. And Forte hasn't done anything outside of the big game vs. Detroit. And yes, Breaston's got a golden schedule in weeks 15-16. I agree that DeSean is risky, whereas Breaston will usually give me something (5 catches, 60 yards with the occasional TD with much more upside in weeks 15-16). We'll see if he bites on the offer.

And yes, I plan to dump Fred Davis if Finley can't play next week during Shiancoe's bye. I was definitely planning on picking up Scott once that is resolved.

Edited by MTSuper7

If you are OK losing the big plays of Jackson I would do it.Breaston will be consistent for you.I see this trade as even at this point.If Forte turns it around advantage the other guy.You have good points on the playoff schedule as I traded away Michael Turner for Fitzgerald for this same reason.The Cards are inside or warm weather during the playoff weeks.