[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN league commish's... got a question

kdog55

In ESPN leagues, is it even possible for a commissioner to go in and change his lineup after the players have locked for the week? I know on CBSportsline you can, but not sure on ESPN.

Basically we have team A accusing team B, our commish, of changing his own lineups after the games are complete thinking no one notices. Commish says this is not even possible because ESPN will only let you go in and do a points "adjustment" if there are any issues to rectify, that even the commish cannot change out players once they are locked. So now Commish is highly ticked about being accused (and rightfully so), but Team A is still adamant he knows the wrongdoings were done.

So in a nutshell, I am not familiar enough with ESPN to know if it is even possible to cheat the system this way. Is it??

In ESPN leagues, is it even possible for a commissioner to go in and change his lineup after the players have locked for the week? I know on CBSportsline you can, but not sure on ESPN.
Yes it's possible. The league manager can click on the "LM Tools" link, then Edit Rosters. Select the team and then edit the team as LM or as a player. If it's as a player, it will appear as if the player makes the change and follows the same restrictions a non-LM would have (locked rosters for instance). Editing a roster as a LM bypasses the rules and allows you to retroactively change rosters.

Basically we have team A accusing team B, our commish, of changing his own lineups after the games are complete thinking no one notices. Commish says this is not even possible because ESPN will only let you go in and do a points "adjustment" if there are any issues to rectify, that even the commish cannot change out players once they are locked. So now Commish is highly ticked about being accused (and rightfully so), but Team A is still adamant he knows the wrongdoings were done.

So in a nutshell, I am not familiar enough with ESPN to know if it is even possible to cheat the system this way. Is it??

Check the league activity log. If the LM made the change as the LM, bypassing the locked rosters, I believe it should show up there.