[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade - Who wins?

Ronnie Brown & Roddy White

for

Larry Fitzgerald & Mendenhall

looking for comments....thank you.

Post a link and I will try to comment

Today, you win by acquiring Brown and White. Right now, White is outperforming Fitz. With Turner, Gonzo, and White producing, teams cant game plan against just one of these guys, allowing all three to be productive. In Arizona, Warner is not quite producing at the same level, Boldin is dinged up, and AZ running game is, well, still the AZ running game. So teams are using the "anybody but Fitz" game plan against the Cards each week (kind of what Jennings has been faced with recently).

What makes this deal difficult is that Fitz is arguably the most talented WR in the league playing for the most pass happy offense in football and he has underperformed to date - so you are selling him when he is flat (I would not call him down). Mendenhall is just now getting his starter sea legs under him and the winter is coming to Pittsburgh real soon. You know the Steelers will be grinding out wins on the ground in a few more weeks...meaning, Mendenhall's value will likely rise in December, not fall. Long run, I think Fitz and Mendy will catch and maybe pass Brown and White today.

The good news is that I see no performance risk for Brown or White moving forward. You only need to ask yourself, will Fitz and Mendy's performance truly rise in the coming weeks and how much higher will it go - will it eclipse Brown and White and by how much? Secondly, can you afford to wait that long for that performance (I dont know what your record is)? Lastly, do you want to take the risk that these guys ever flip on the switch?

Unless you are 6-2 or better, I would make the deal for White and Brown now.

Edited by SpinalTapp

Today, you win by acquiring Brown and White. Right now, White is outperforming Fitz. With Turner, Gonzo, and White producing, teams cant game plan against just one of these guys, allowing all three to be productive. In Arizona, Warner is not quite producing at the same level, Boldin is dinged up, and AZ running game is, well, still the AZ running game. So teams are using the "anybody but Fitz" game plan against the Cards each week (kind of what Jennings has been faced with recently).

What makes this deal difficult is that Fitz is arguably the most talented WR in the league playing for the most pass happy offense in football and he has underperformed to date - so you are selling him when he is flat (I would not call him down). Mendenhall is just now getting his starter sea legs under him and the winter is coming to Pittsburgh real soon. You know the Steelers will be grinding out wins on the ground in a few more weeks...meaning, Mendenhall's value will likely rise in December, not fall. Long run, I think Fitz and Mendy will catch and maybe pass Brown and White today.

The good news is that I see no performance risk for Brown or White moving forward. You only need to ask yourself, will Fitz and Mendy's performance truly rise in the coming weeks and how much higher will it go - will it eclipse Brown and White and by how much? Secondly, can you afford to wait that long for that performance (I dont know what your record is)? Lastly, do you want to take the risk that these guys ever flip on the switch?

Unless you are 6-2 or better, I would make the deal for White and Brown now.

excellent, thorough analysis. Thanks to both of you.