[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Help deciding on 2 trades

dannygordo

TRADE 1

Alright, we have a guy in our league who is offering Randy Moss to anybody who can in turn give him a producing Running back....my backs are Ronnie Brown, Steven Jackson, Ryan Grant and Clinton Portis. My WR's are Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Hines Ward and Calvin Johnson. I was thinking of offering him Ryan Grant and Hines Ward for Randy Moss...is that offering too much for Moss and would I be leaving myself short at RB?

TRADE 2

I was offered Steve Slaton for Kellen Winslow and Clinton Portis for another guy...I already have Andre J and Schaub as my QB so I don't want to have 3 guys on the same team...but I was thinking if I accept it, I can then trade Slaton and Ward for Randy Moss.... if I do this I would still be left with Gates at TE

which of these two options is the best deal for me? I am only anticipating that this guy will accept one of these two trades for Moss as he is very desperate for a RB... he has Lynch and Bell :wacko:

Edited by dannygordo

I like the one involving Slaton.....simply because I don't like Portis....if you do the first trade, then you are forced to rotate Portis in your lineup, but the trade with Slaton, you dump Portis and still keep your "core" 3 rb's....if that makes sense.

TRADE 1

Alright, we have a guy in our league who is offering Randy Moss to anybody who can in turn give him a producing Running back....my backs are Ronnie Brown, Steven Jackson, Ryan Grant and Clinton Portis. My WR's are Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Hines Ward and Calvin Johnson. I was thinking of offering him Ryan Grant and Hines Ward for Randy Moss...is that offering too much for Moss and would I be leaving myself short at RB?

TRADE 2

I was offered Steve Slaton for Kellen Winslow and Clinton Portis for another guy...I already have Andre J and Schaub as my QB so I don't want to have 3 guys on the same team...but I was thinking if I accept it, I can then trade Slaton and Ward for Randy Moss.... if I do this I would still be left with Gates at TE

which of these two options is the best deal for me? I am only anticipating that this guy will accept one of these two trades for Moss as he is very desperate for a RB... he has Lynch and Bell :wacko:

Danny,

TRADE 1

My first option would be to try to deal Ward and CPortis to someone for a Ward WR upgrade. This way, you dont touch your RB depth and still improve your WR performance. Grant + Ward is overpaying for R.Moss. Making this move would make you incrementally stronger at WR but it would put you in a tough spot if one of your two other RBs got hurt. I would not want to rely on CP as my RB2. If you could not improve on Ward by offering CP + Ward to another owner and you are hell bent on getting Moss, you have to do the deal knowing you are playing a high risk game of poker. It is all about risk tolerance. I would not do that deal because (1) I like your team just fine as is and (2) your team is recession proof against injuries right now. You need to make the call if you want/need to go for broke.

TRADE 2

If you cant get a buyer for Ward + CP and you decide not to deal for Moss, I say - do this deal. This is a sleeves of the vest type of deal. CP is going to rot on your bench. He is also not going to get any better this year. CP will give you 5-7 pts each week with an occasional TD - that's it. There is no other upside. Slaton's owner is convinved his shipped has sailed. Slaton is now a member of a RBBC and there is no chance of regaining his starting gig. Most likely that is absolutely correct. Worst case, Slaton shares the rock on a dynamic offense and puts up 5-7 points per game....just like CP. Best case, while unlikely, he gets his starting job back and you just stole Slaton. I say do it...low risk/high reward opportunity.

good luck

I definitely agree that #2 is the better option.

Trade 1 gives you a WR upgrade (assuming Calvin doesn't rebound, but I think he will), but unless he considers Portis or Grant to be producing backs, this trade will likely weaken you at RB as much as it helps you.

Trade 2, on the other hand, is a gamble, but it certainly might give you a solid 3rd option, as Houston certanily wants Slaton to be their starter. He just has to start holding on to the ball. Like others said, this could give you some nice insurance.

However, while Grant and Portis can be busts some weeks as starters, I think they're more than decent injury replacements if you need them, and your WRs are great enough now, great enough that I wouldn't make any move that hurt your strong starting core. If anything, Deal 2, but I know plenty of people would be ecstatic to have a squad like you do now.