[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who to Drop

matt81

I would first try to package up two of those WRs for a strong top 10-15 WR. Perhaps you get can an owner with only one good WR to give that guy up for Sims Walker + Burelson or Nicks. I would do everything possible to make a deal before cutting any one of those guys. Each one is a good WR3, at worst, in a 12 team league. Sims Walker has been a strong WR2 except for last week.

Gun to my head, I would not even consider cutting MSW. It would come down to Burelson and Nicks. Since you already have three solid WRs (Djax, Ocho, and MSW), I would cut Burelson loose and see if Nicks develops into a stud later in the year.

However, cutting one of these guys would again be my absolute last resort. Get a deal done!

My team defense is on bye for week 10 and need to drop one of my bench WR to pick up a team defense. I was thinking about dropping sims-walker. My starting WR are DJax and Ochocinco.

Option A: Take the Zero. You can win without one of your defenses. In fact, they sometimes hurt more than help.

Option B: Trade a two for one. As some other guys have said, package two solid players for a stud player, and see if you can add to your roster by subtraction.

Option C: Drop that dead weight that is Anthony Gonzalez.

The guy might not be ready for another 2-3 weeks, and very well might never come back. He's reportedly getting a second opinion on his knee. Guys who get second opinions aren't ready to come back.

I'd drop mini-Gonzo, or try to trade him and Nicks away for a solid WR or DEF. Try the trade, and then drop Gonzo if you must. You can't even be certain he'll be a stud this year, anyways.

For more Fantasy Football advice & updates, go to www.nflsoup.com

The 2 or 3 pts a bad Def could give you on a bad week might be the difference between a win and a loss. If you an afford a loss, don't do anything. On the other hand with 2 or 3 good WRs already on your roster, when do you think Nicks or Burleson might make it into your lineup. If probably never is the answer, drop one of them and get those 2 or 3 pts.

Edited by The Hellion

Option A: Take the Zero. You can win without one of your defenses. In fact, they sometimes hurt more than help.

I'm sorry, but that's not a good option at all. Defense is the one position where you can be certain they will play and won't go down to injury (as a whole anyway). As the above poster said, you'll be kicking yourself if you lose by the points you would have gotten there.

Why does no one think you should drop Nicks? He has some decent upside, but is a #3 passing option (when Manningham is healthy) in a run-first offense. I'd get rid of him before I ever considered playing with no D.

I'm sorry, but that's not a good option at all. Defense is the one position where you can be certain they will play and won't go down to injury (as a whole anyway). As the above poster said, you'll be kicking yourself if you lose by the points you would have gotten there.

Why does no one think you should drop Nicks? He has some decent upside, but is a #3 passing option (when Manningham is healthy) in a run-first offense. I'd get rid of him before I ever considered playing with no D.

No, I agree. Sorry if I confused you by labeling it "Option A". I was merely repeating the first two things other people had said, and then laying down MY option: Option C.

Hope that helped.

For more Fantasy Football advice, go to NFLSoup.com

Option C: Drop that dead weight that is Anthony Gonzalez.

Dude, I don't want to keep attacking you, but you keep bringing up bad points in a post where you're trying to blatantly promote another advice site.

Who said anything about Gonzalez? Why would people be telling him to drop healthy players, if he has an injured one to drop?

Hope that helped.

For good Fantasy Football advice, please read the original post

Dude, I don't want to keep attacking you, but you keep bringing up bad points in a post where you're trying to blatantly promote another advice site.

Who said anything about Gonzalez? Why would people be telling him to drop healthy players, if he has an injured one to drop?

Hope that helped.

For good Fantasy Football advice, please read the original post

First of all, nothing I have said so far is "bad" advice. I accidentally read the line-up of the guy who first replied, and mistook it for the line-up in question.

Just settle down. It's going to be okay.

Fair enough. I'm not here to attack people, but I really don't like the blatant site-promotion (nor does the huddle i'm sure), especially when you're NOT offering good advice in the forum your trying to promote your other advice in.

Starting no D as an option is bad advice. Telling someone to drop a player he doesn't own (while an honest mistake) is bad advice.

I understand it was a misunderstanding, but you were quick to defend yourself, so I was quick to tell you why I think you're wrong. Make sure you review the topic if you want to be taken seriously though (and be careful, because the Huddle is a forum, not a site for self-promotion. This could be against the rules).

(and be careful, because the Huddle is a forum, not a site for self-promotion. This could be against the rules).

Correction: The Huddle is more than just a forum. It is a site where people have payed good money for great content, and do not want to be bothered by that nonsense.

It might have been an honest mistake for him to promote here, but he's been nothing but unapologetic and hostile when we've disputed what he's saying. Make sure to have this guy banned if you see him do it again