[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Moss for Rice?

NYCDOG

Guys, Im in a standard performance league at work and sitting at 4-4. Need to upgrade my RB core as I have SJax, KSmith, Bradshaw and FJones. My WRs are Moss, White, MSW and SSmith (NYG). Start 2RBs, 2WRs and a flex.

I can get Rice for Moss. Would you do it?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Man, as tempting as that is, I'd stay put. If it was PPR, I'd say you'd probably be fine with Smith, but both of those guys are huge downgrades from a stud like Moss. They'd be fine, but not worth the upgrade at RB.

Even though your RB2 is often in question, you do have plenty of options there (once all are healthy). I know you can't be crazy about SJax for TDs either, but he does get his yards though. You should be OK there.

Aside from that though, I think you'd simply be trading a small RB defeciency for a larger WR one. Maybe if it was it was White, I'd do it, but Moss is alot tougher to let go of.

I have both of them on one of my teams, picked Moss in round 1, Rice in round 7. That being said, where they were drafted doesn't mean much to me, I'd much rather have Rice.

And looking at your running backs, you need him. Kevin Smith is having injury issues.

If you were drafting right now, would you take Randy Moss with the 4th pick? I took him with the 10th pick, but if I picked 4th, I probably would've selected Deangelo or Forte (thank God I selected 10th, long after Forte was off the board).

I would call Ray Rice the equivilent of the 4th pick in the draft, if a draft was being done today. AP, MJD, and Benson would go before him, and it's arguable that Rice might be selected ahead of Benson.

In a league like this one, that allows you to play 3RBs and 2WRs, that skews the value in favor of the runningbacks. In our leagues, we play 2RBs and 3WRs, which skews more value to the receivers, and I'd still take Rice with that 4th pick.

Edited by jordanzs