[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pick 1 for the flex play

allinthemind

Ive got to pick 1 for the flex play. who will bring me the most fan points in week 9?

slaton vs. ind

s. smith (car)vs. no

r. williams vs. ne

nicks vs. sd

collie vs. hou

maclin vs. dal

Slaton has one carry and a fumble last week. Even if he gets more carries, he'll be sharing the ball and is facing a better than advertised Indy run defense. You can't play him.

Nicks, Collie, and Macin are all a bit hit-or-miss. They all have tremendous potential and value, but none are the top option on their team, and are all in offenses that like to spread the ball around. Quite honestly, they all will probably get close to the same numbers.

The Patriots aren't amazing against the run, but Williams was snuffed against the Jets, so it's hard to predict what he'll do. He's a solid play, though, as he's consistently involved in Miami's offense both as a rusher and a receiver.

Smith scored his first TD last week, which says a lot negatively, and s facing a very good Saints defense.

Ricky Williams is probably a decent RB2 in most leagues, and should be able to get you 7-10 points in standard leagues, making him a quality Flex play.

I'm thinking about starting him myself, so my vote is for the dual threat- Ricky Williams.

Slaton has one carry and a fumble last week. Even if he gets more carries, he'll be sharing the ball and is facing a better than advertised Indy run defense. You can't play him.

Nicks, Collie, and Macin are all a bit hit-or-miss. They all have tremendous potential and value, but none are the top option on their team, and are all in offenses that like to spread the ball around. Quite honestly, they all will probably get close to the same numbers.

The Patriots aren't amazing against the run, but Williams was snuffed against the Jets, so it's hard to predict what he'll do. He's a solid play, though, as he's consistently involved in Miami's offense both as a rusher and a receiver.

Smith scored his first TD last week, which says a lot negatively, and s facing a very good Saints defense.

Ricky Williams is probably a decent RB2 in most leagues, and should be able to get you 7-10 points in standard leagues, making him a quality Flex play.

I'm thinking about starting him myself, so my vote is for the dual threat- Ricky Williams.

thanks for that.. im conflicted. i want to start willliams but i feel in my gut that slatons gonna go off..

thanks for that.. im conflicted. i want to start willliams but i feel in my gut that slatons gonna go off..

Yeah, but the real question is...HOW?

Kubiak is saying it's going to be a three-headed horse. I don't necessarily buy that, but I also don't believe he'd bench Slaton for an entire game, watch Moats kick extreme butt, and then bench Moats for Slaton again.

It's going to be a timeshare, and we can't predict their future success. Williams, on the other hand, is already in a timeshare and a system where we know what to expect.

We KNOW he gets the ball 10-15 times a game, and he won't be getting benched anytime soon.

I like either Collie or Ricky Williams and am leaning to Collie, in a PPR league, right now. But would start Ricky in a non-PPR league.

Yeah, but the real question is...HOW?

Kubiak is saying it's going to be a three-headed horse. I don't necessarily buy that, but I also don't believe he'd bench Slaton for an entire game, watch Moats kick extreme butt, and then bench Moats for Slaton again.

It's going to be a timeshare, and we can't predict their future success. Williams, on the other hand, is already in a timeshare and a system where we know what to expect.

We KNOW he gets the ball 10-15 times a game, and he won't be getting benched anytime soon.

ok heres how.. owen daniels is out. I feel slaton will see increased targets in the passing game. he may lose some carries to moats but I just feel it'll be minimal. i want to play r. williams this week but its just so hard to sit slaton when hes been my #1 guy for weeks

ok heres how.. owen daniels is out. I feel slaton will see increased targets in the passing game. he may lose some carries to moats but I just feel it'll be minimal. i want to play r. williams this week but its just so hard to sit slaton when hes been my #1 guy for weeks

You can't base this all off of potential or what you hope Slaton will do. Williams is definitely a big part of what Miami is doing, while Slaton's status is ridiculously uncertain.

Why take that risk? Wait a week to see where he stands, and then plug him back in. Your worst case scenario with Williams is probably what you saw last week: 40+ rushing yards and 20+ receiving yards, ending with 6-8 points. That's a bad week.

For Slaton, another fumble, and he's toast. He had one carry last week man. And with his fumble, that's neg points. You really want to chance that again?

do you think its a smart move to start forte, j. charles and williams but bench slaton?

You know for the most part what you're getting with those three, at least as far as their role with the offense. You don't now what to expect with Slaton.

I always play my studs first, then look at matchups. But if their role is ever in question, that has to be considered first. Slaton is nothing more than a Flex play right now with that much uncertainty around him

You can't base this all off of potential or what you hope Slaton will do. Williams is definitely a big part of what Miami is doing, while Slaton's status is ridiculously uncertain.

Why take that risk? Wait a week to see where he stands, and then plug him back in. Your worst case scenario with Williams is probably what you saw last week: 40+ rushing yards and 20+ receiving yards, ending with 6-8 points. That's a bad week.

For Slaton, another fumble, and he's toast. He had one carry last week man. And with his fumble, that's neg points. You really want to chance that again?

well put. in my matchup this week Im battling my brother for 1st place. we're both 7-1and ive got to get at least 10 points or more from each player to stand a chance against his laundry list of studs. slaton going out has really jacked things up. I was already the underdog but now its more unlikely that i'll win. but you never know.. one more thing im starting forte and j. charles over slaton too would you do this?