[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I missing something?

countrychuck

I've been offered the following trade by an owner who is thin at WR and I'm wondering if there is any reason to not accept. We start 3 WR. This is a NON PPR league, with yardage pts awarded to WR for every 15 yards. We do get 6 points for punt/kick return TD's. Thank you in advance to anyone who weighs in.

I trade: DeSean Jackson & Steve Smith (NYG)

I receive: Andre Johnson

Currently my WR are: Colston, Sims-Walker, Burleson, Harvin, and of course D Jackson & Smith (NYG)

If I make the trade I will have AJ & Colston as must starts, along with a best match-up rotation of Sims-Walker, Burleson or Harvin.

Here are the playoff schedules for the players involved:

AJ: Seattle, @ St. Louis, @ Miami

Smith: Philly, @ Washington, Carolina

Jackson: @ NYG, San Fran, Denver

+++NOTE+++ AJ plays 2 games in domes & 1 in Miami (good weather). Smith & Jackson play ALL of their games outdoors on the East Coast where bad weather would be almost certain.

Am I missing something, or is this a no-brainer for me to accept? Thanks again for the responses!!

That's a HUGH price to pay for AJ. For instance in my PPR league Steve Smith is actually ranked higher than AJ (neither have had their bye) and D. Jackson is 24 points below AJ on the season and has already had his bye week. Now in your league when you take away points for receptions and add points for return TDs. S. Smith and AJ are ranked evenly and Desean Jackson is actually a bit higher than both. So basically you'd be giving up two WRs who are at least equal to or a bit better than the 1 guy you're getting in return. I think it's a great deal for the other owner based on your scoring system.

Not saying I'd make the trade (I probably would), but I own Smith in a league, and he's been underproducing lately. Started out on fire, but he's been downhill from there. Receivers do that from time to time, they start out hot & then fizzle. I would almost rather start Harvin over Steve Smith until he proves otherwise.

DeSean is great for the occasional big play, but if you take that away, he tanks. In a playoff matchup, I'd be worried about that.

That's a HUGH price to pay for AJ. For instance in my PPR league Steve Smith is actually ranked higher than AJ (neither have had their bye) and D. Jackson is 24 points below AJ on the season and has already had his bye week. Now in your league when you take away points for receptions and add points for return TDs. S. Smith and AJ are ranked evenly and Desean Jackson is actually a bit higher than both. So basically you'd be giving up two WRs who are at least equal to or a bit better than the 1 guy you're getting in return. I think it's a great deal for the other owner based on your scoring system.

I hear ya Irish, D Jackson & Smith are the #3 & 8 WR in my league. And I have no problem paying that price for AJ because of his playoff match-ups. But my problem is I can't play all the WR's I have. Like I said, if I get AJ, I start AJ & Colston along with Sims-Walker, Burleson or Harvin based on match-up.

If I don't make the trade, I start Jackson, Colston, & one of the others., and have to hope D Jax hits one of his big plays in the playoffs in likely sub zero temperature while AJ will be under a roof or in Miami.

And the owner I would be trading with is in teh other division so I wouldn't see him until the finals. AJ @ Miami, and D Jax & Smith @ home in the bad weather.

Edited by countrychuck

I hear ya Irish, D Jackson & Smith are the #3 & 8 WR in my league. And I have no problem paying that price for AJ because of his playoff match-ups. But my problem is I can't play all the WR's I have. Like I said, if I get AJ, I start AJ & Colston along with Sims-Walker, Burleson or Harvin based on match-up.

If I don't make the trade, I start Jackson, Colston, & one of the others., and have to hope D Jax hits one of his big plays in the playoffs in likely sub zero temperature while AJ will be under a roof or in Miami.

I hear you as well and at the very least you'd be getting a Top WR. However, how will the loss of Owen Daniels affect AJ? Positively or negatively? Also I'd rather see what else you could give up instead of both solid WRs. Tell the other owner, hey, both of these WRs are just as good as AJ on the season and now opposing defensives can focus more attention on covering AJ with Owen Daniels out for the year.

I hear you as well and at the very least you'd be getting a Top WR. However, how will the loss of Owen Daniels affect AJ? Positively or negatively? Also I'd rather see what else you could give up instead of both solid WRs. Tell the other owner, hey, both of these WRs are just as good as AJ on the season and now opposing defensives can focus more attention on covering AJ with Owen Daniels out for the year.

Very good points. That's why I am putting so much thought into this deal. At first look, I get AJ!! 2nd thought, I have to give up D Jax who has been outplaying AJ. To AJ, or not to AJ...

I still don't know...our league trade deadline is 11:59 Saturday night