[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Breeders cup

Flip_Side

No favorites won today, so does that mean we see a ton of chalk on Saturday? I hope not.

Juvy Turf: will look to play an exacta around Viscount Nelson, Buzzword, and Becky's Kitten.

Turf Sprint: can't get past Lord Shanakill - will load up here

Sprint: just couldn't see past Fatal Bullet early...but found room to work with Crown of Thorns (massive sleeper candidate here in my opinion), and Fleeting Spirit. Toss the railZen.

Juvy: Good Lord, this will be fun to watch. Top two are Aikenite and Radiohead, but can make a case for others like Eskendereya and Aspire.

Mile: Large units on Goldikova/Zacinto, Gladiatorus and reversed. Zacinto for the win?

Dirt (really, dirt?) Mile: As long as I spent on this one, and there's some nice athletes here, I kept going back, over and over again, to Neko Bay and he'll be a bomber of a price, could make for a nice day if I get lucky. WP only here.

Turf: Ugh...just don't see it. I've maybe played this race once or twice and fortunately it was Red Rocks a few years back....why is he running here? I let a buddy of mine convince me and I'll throw something tiny on Monzante across the board....another major bomber, probably a buster.

Classic: Haven't decided. Will sleep on it for now. Hard to get past Summer Bird, Rip, and Quality Road right now. If I had to key right now, it would be the bird....full of form, I'm thinking Kent D is grinning tonight.

This is by far the hardest day to handicap by far. Add the synthetic surface and world class athletes, you really much get lucky. I wish everyone luck if they are betting tomorrow.

Edited by gilthorp

taking a beating 50% of the way through.

ETA: make that 75% of the way through...let's let this thread slowly die.

Won't make you feel better but I tanked too. Layed the wood on Gio Ponti, felt pretty good about it too until Zenyatta kicked it in overdrive. Had she not it woulda bailed me out for the day. She's a helluva horse.

Almost makes all the cash that left my pocket worthwhile. Down for the 2 days...oh well, it's humbling.

I was thinking the same thing on the way home tonight.

There's no more humbling game on the planet except maybe golf. :wacko:

ETA: Quality Road: I've NEVER seen a horse go that ballistic, I hope he's ok.

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

I came out around $180 to the good.

Race 1: Count on Lynn--44.70

Race 4: Dancing in Silks-- 71.80

Race 7: Furthest Land-- 157.50 (Really liked at the price but didn't go crazy because the #1 looked SOLID)

Race 8: $10 box got me 64.00

Race 9: Had 10 to win on Gio Ponti, 2nd place don't count !! Had Gio and Col. John boxed 5 times..BLEHHH.. then threw in Zenyatta and Gio at the last second on a $5 box YAAAAYYY. BUT after the race I realized I had checked the three box instead of the four........