[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mucho Important Week

jaxfactor

Thanks to Kurt Warner being out last week and me being unable to make a change in time, I'm now sitting on the outside looking in for the playoffs. I have very good RBs, but am having a hard time deciding which 2 I should start. No flex in this league which is a bummer and I was unable to trade one of my RBs for a WR which is my team weakness. Anyway, this is a PPR league and here are my choices:

R. Rice @ GBay ( even when he doesn't score he makes an impact, especially in PPR leagues)

LT @ Cleveland (hard to pass this matchup, but the Bolts love to throw and LT simply isn't involved in the passing game anymore)

Mendenhall vs Oakland (another one hard to pass up, and Oakland is a juicy matchup for sure)

C. Benson vs Detroit(what's not to like about this matchup other than is CB healthy enough to play the whole game)

I have Rice and LT in right now, but I really would love to put Benson and/or Mendy in. Don't think I can go wrong with any of these, but would like to maximize my points as I'm going to need them for possible tiebreaker after week 14. TIA

I think you have to go with Mendenhall. He is as hot as any other RB in the league and Oakland is awful. Also, I think the Steelers will run the ball a ton to keep Big Ben from experiencing any unnecessary hits.

Check out my ?s

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=310552

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=310549

Tough choices. I have a bit of a similar dilemma this week in that I have choose 2 of Mendenhall, Gore & Benson in a PPR league. As much as I can't stand the idea of sitting Gore, ever, I am very much considering using the other 2 this week mainly for 2 reasons - their juicy match ups, and the fact that for various reasons, I think I need to swing for the fences looking for maximum points this week in order to win.

I believe your Rice decision is similar to my Gore option - both are likely to provide solid FF production in PPR, but neither seems poised for that 120 / 2 day that Benson & Mendenhall could manage to put up. Since LT pretty much has to score these days to have any real FF value, I'd remove him from your list of possible starters given that you have other, viable options. Benson is just coming off injury, so carries a bit of a risk if only due to that, while Mendenhall is a streak player whose risk is inconsistency.

So bottom line seems to be - use Rice and maybe Benson if you are looking for solid if perhaps not stellar production, and try Benson & Mendenhall if you are of a mind to swing for the fences today looking for a potentially massive points output but with some risk involved.

Hope this helps at least a little bit.