[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer question

Guggs

My "old" computer, some things, such as YouTube, wouldn't work well. Video would start, then a few seconds later it would stop and "think." Then continue on. Same problem with my new computer. YouTube is just an example. I don't watch or listen to YouTube too much. My Internet speed is 2.0

NetFlix works just fine however. Am watching a movie right now.

Also, AOL and Yahoo videos do not work either on my computer.

Do you know the version of flash you have installed? Go to youtube and right mouse click on one of the movies you're watching. It should say something like "About Adobe Flash Player X" where "X" is the version number. I believe they're up to 10 right now. It might be you're using an older version.

Edited by BiggieFries

I'm thinking it may have more to do with the pipe than the player. Typically when a video stops because not enough has downloaded it means that your connection is slow.

I'm thinking it may have more to do with the pipe than the player. Typically when a video stops because not enough has downloaded it means that your connection is slow.

This. One way to check is to pause the video itself and let the download get well ahead, then play. If it plays fine, then it's the pipe.

I was going to mention this as well but rethought it as he said that Netflix runs fine. If his "tubes" started getting "clogged" then Netflix will stop playing and rebuffer. It'll give a little warning as well, something to the effect of "Your connection has slowed, so we're going to crash your machine because we're using Silverlight" or some crap.

I was going to mention this as well but rethought it as he said that Netflix runs fine. If his "tubes" started getting "clogged" then Netflix will stop playing and rebuffer. It'll give a little warning as well, something to the effect of "Your connection has slowed, so we're going to crash your machine because we're using Silverlight" or some crap.

Unless Netflix is way more efficient than Youtube, thus it doesn't overtake the download. I know Youtube has a horrendous effect on resources / bandwidth, which is why we block it across the board here at work.