[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need to start 4 of the 5...

Just like most of you, 1st round of playoffs this weekend. Could use your help- I need to start 4 of the following 5:

Maurice Jones-Drew vs Dolphins

Ray Rice vs Lions

Jamaal Charles vs Bills

Antonio Gates @ Cowboys

Vernon Davis vs Cardinals

Scoring is as follows:

RB

1 pt every 10 yards

1 pt every 1 Reception

6 pts every 1 Touchdown

TE

1 pt every 7.5 yards

1 pt every 1 Reception

6 pts every 1 Touchdown

Just to give you an idea of where each of them is YTD:

MJD has 241 points YTD

Rice has 237 points YTD

Charles has 151 points YTD (hasn't been playing all year though)

Gates has 223 points YTD

Davis has 227 points YTD

Let me know what your thoughts.

Thank you

Very close call between Charles & the 2 TEs IMO.

I could see each of Gates / Davis getting you something like 6 / 85 / 1 with Charles perhaps in the vicinity of 85 / 20 (rush yds/recv yds) on 3 catches, and maybe a 75% chance at a score. I see both TEs however as being in a better position than Charles to possibly register multiple-TD games, although that is obviously a tough one to predict.

Given the "bonus" yardage your scoring system awards TEs, that gives Gates & Davis a slight edge, assuming of course that the predictions above are at all accurate.

Bottom line I think, is play both TEs and sit Charles if you want to gamble a bit & risk potentially lower output in hopes of getting the possible "big game" reward from one or both of them ... and use Charles if you want to get some good ~ not gigantic, but reasonably "safe" production from the position.

If you decide to play Charles and do sit one of the TEs, total coin toss as to which rides the pine, but tough to argue with Davis' recent FF numbers, and the fact that in the past few weeks SFO has essentially decided that they won't run the ball at all, but rather put the game in the hands of Alex Smith, the WRs and Davis.

Good luck.

Edited by ts