[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"The Sick One" a GTD?

delusions of grandeur

Okay, I've been through this almost every week with the questionable tag on Harvin because of his migraines, and every week he plays and gets touches. But now they're reporting that the headaches have even kept him from studying the gameplan, and he hasn't practiced all week either.

The last time I went through this dillema early in the season, I got burned by benching him (we reward returns too, and it was the game he ran one back). This time around though, it almost sounds like you could get burned by starting the kid. We'll see on Sunday though... But to make this even more difficult, Cincy has apparently been getting burned by slot recievers, and he's obviously one of the focal points of that offense when playing.

Of course my next option is Maclin too (questionable and a GTD on SNF). I'm not worried about him playing, but with Desean coming back, I'm not expecting much there. Hope you all are luckier to have a better backup plan for this all-important week...

Okay, I've been through this almost every week with the questionable tag on Harvin because of his migraines, and every week he plays and gets touches. But now they're reporting that the headaches have even kept him from studying the gameplan, and he hasn't practiced all week either.

The last time I went through this dillema early in the season, I got burned by benching him (we reward returns too, and it was the game he ran one back). This time around though, it almost sounds like you could get burned by starting the kid. We'll see on Sunday though... But to make this even more difficult, Cincy has apparently been getting burned by slot recievers, and he's obviously one of the focal points of that offense when playing.

Of course my next option is Maclin too (questionable and a GTD on SNF). I'm not worried about him playing, but with Desean coming back, I'm not expecting much there. Hope you all are luckier to have a better backup plan for this all-important week...

As a guy who takes prescribed meds for migraines, I can tell you that migraines move in and out like weather fronts. Sometimes migraines pass through real quick and sometimes they hang around for days. Women typically get the migraines that last days while men get the shorter duration migraines (as I do). However, there are exceptions. Clearly, P.Harvin gets migraines that last days at a time. What I can tell is that once the damn thing moves out of your head, you are good to go - almost no after effects. So, what you need to know is... will Percy's head be clear when he wakes up Sunday morning or will the migraine still have a strangle hold. If it's gone, he will be playing and he should be in your lineup no questions asked. If it's there - he will be OUT and you bench him.

I know it's a little bit of TMI...but I figured a little color/background might help.

As a guy who takes prescribed meds for migraines, I can tell you that migraines move in and out like weather fronts. Sometimes migraines pass through real quick and sometimes they hang around for days. Women typically get the migraines that last days while men get the shorter duration migraines (as I do). However, there are exceptions. Clearly, P.Harvin gets migraines that last days at a time. What I can tell is that once the damn thing moves out of your head, you are good to go - almost no after effects. So, what you need to know is... will Percy's head be clear when he wakes up Sunday morning or will the migraine still have a strangle hold. If it's gone, he will be playing and he should be in your lineup no questions asked. If it's there - he will be OUT and you bench him.

I know it's a little bit of TMI...but I figured a little color/background might help.

Good insight though. This is the reason why I normally don't worry about him playing well, but with no practice or gameplan preperation this week, I'm worried that they might not play him because of unpreparedness though... But I agree, if they decide he can play, then I'm all on board!