[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shatner's "Raw Nerve" show

BeeR

Anyone watch? I kinda like it - he has a straightforward, non-Hollywood way about him I like - it's like he's actually just talking to them. What a concept....

I've been meaning to watch episodes when they come on but haven't yet. They look like really good Q & A without the Hollywood PC line of questions.

Exactly. Shatner doesn't care about angling or "milking" things the bonehead public so loves to sneer and snicker over nowdays ie the typical trashy soap opera talk show BS. It's not that he won't ask people personal or possibly touchy subjects, but again it's just that he talks to them like 2 real people might actually talk and the guests never seem even slightly uncomfortable to me. It's kinda like 2 good friends just chatting on the porch or something. eg he interviewed Henry Winkler the other day ("the Fonz" for you young punks who missed that era) and didn't spend much time on the whole Happy Days thing, but spent considerable time on Winkler's writing children's books. He did get into how Winkler's parents were apparently emotionally cold, but again in a very understanding and non-confrontational, "un-Hollywood" way. It's not an amazing show exactly, just somehow very refreshing IMO, ie the approach of it.

Edited by BeeR