[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please help me with "super-flex"

JetFanMike

I keep flip-flopping on my final starter for this week in a tough matchup -- we have an "offensive player" position, which is like a flex, but even lets me use a 2nd QB. My three options are Chris Jennings, Quinton Ganther, and Carson Palmer. Each has his advantages and disadvantages...

Jennings is supposedly starting, looked good last week, and has an absolutely incredible matchup vs. the Chiefs, who are horrible against the run. So I think Jennings has HUGE upside here. The problem is if Mangini decides to play Cribbs and/or Harrison a lot. And even though Jennings did well against the Steelers last week, it's not like he was dominant -- 73 yards, but it took 20 carries (which he won't get again if he's sharing carries)

Ganther's biggest plus is he is clearly the Redskins main guy -- he plays all downs last week and is the goalline guy (and the Redskins are the type of team that WILL try to run it in three times in a row from inside the two-yard-line). His biggest minus is that he has a pretty tough matchup too -- the Giants do not give up many rushing TD's. And he only gained about 4 yards a carry last week (and broke on long screen pass). I think he would be the "safest" play, and would make Monday night interesting for me.

And Palmer's biggest plus is that he's a QB, and they typically score more points. But he's only gotten double digits once in the past 5 weeks, and he has a really tough matchup this week.

:wacko:

This is standard scoring, NOT PPR. Any advice would be appreciated, I'll try and respond to yours too. Thanks.

I'm still torn on this one. If I pick Jennings, it will be so that as soon as the 1PM game starts I'll be locked in. If I DON'T start Jennings, I'll have three more hours to debate Palmer vs. Ganther.

So far one person says Palmer, one person says Jennings, and I'm personally leaning towards Ganther. ARRRGGGHHHH.

Anybody else?

Thanks for responding to mine.

You highlighted the upside and downside of each. Jennings is the most likely to have a big game; but I still haven't heard if Cribbs is going to get into the mix yet.

Palmer likely won't have a big game; but he's a safer play.

This is a tough call but I'd go with Jennings.

+1 The biggest factor for me would be the difference in downside. Palmer will put up OK points even if he dosen't do much.