[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper / Trade Offer

webbnathan

I play in a 3 player keeper league, 12 teams, can keep only 1 skilled position for each keeper (normally RB, WR and QB). Points are normal ESPN scoring. Here is the potential trade:

I trade Ray Rice and Larry Fitzgerald and in return I get Chris Johnson.

Now some background:

His WR position is somewhat weak having A. Boldin as his only keeper option. He wants to get stronger there for a keeper.

I have 3 WR's that would be upgrades to Boldin....L. Fitzgerald, Megatron and Desean Jackson. My keeper RB would be Rice and my QB is P. Manning. I love Rice as my keeper, don't get me wrong. I think he'll be a top 5 RB next year as well. But I can only keep one WR for next year. Why not try and get the best back in the league?

Fitzgerald has been my keeper WR the last 3 years but I dont' know how I can't keep Desean Jackson now. So package Fitzgerald and Rice for Johnson. He gets an upgrade in WR, he gets a top 5 back next year and I get an upgrade in RB?

Deal?

I can not argue with doing the deal. At this point (I hate making major predictions for next year already), I see CJ as a definite upgrade to Ray Rice, so win for you, and I see the difference between Fitz and Jackson as minimal based on current situations, but I will give edge to Fitz, so small loss for you. You upgrade the more important position and take a minimal hit at the WR spot.

Can you make deals for draft picks, because I think it could be very plausible to deal Megatron for a pick and get another win there for yourself.

We can not deal for draft picks.....however, something I did not say is we have an option for a 4th keeper if they are a rookie. I do not have any rookies this year so it is possible I can try and find someone else that needs a WR upgrade and has a good rookie as well. That's gonna be a bit harder............

I think it's pretty even.

When do you declare keepers?

If it's next pre-season, I'd rather put a hold on the deal and see how Calvin Johnson feels and plays in pre-season. If you feel that Fitz is an upgrade over Calvin/DeJax/Boldin, then I wouldn't make the trade as there's a chance that Rice gets more touches next season.

Also, Chris Johnson is on pace for 390 touches this year! :wacko: Whereas Rice is on pace for 320 touches. While CJ will clearly be ranked higher than Rice next pre-season, I wouldn't be shocked if Rice outscore him next year.

We don't have to declare till our draft in August..........for sure will hold on to the trade idea till training camp is almost over.