[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 Keeper Advice (#1 pick)

RS67

Keeper League #1 Pick (3 yr max)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. These players are available next year

• Peyton Manning
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Adrian Peterson

Need some advice in a keeper league.

I have 1st pick next year.

Up to 6 can be kept for a max of 3 years.

You loose the round draft pick your keeper was selected (i.e. if you keep your 1st, 3rd and 7th picks, you loose 1, 3 & 7 picks for the next draft.)

Next year, A.Peterson, A. Rodgers and P. Manning will be available (to keep for 3 more years).

QB heavy league (all TDs = 6, 1pt 25 yds passing, 1pt 10 yrds rev/rush)

This is not a serpantine draft since many players are retained. It goes 1-12, 1-12 etc. for 16 rounds.

Only 4 players will be kept for the first 2 rounds. I will have #1, #10, and possibly #21 but many big players are already off the board (drafted 2 years ago at lower draft picks).

$18M Salary cap league, where salary is based on prior years stats. (i.e. Manning = $3.4M, Rodgers = $3.5M, A.P. = $2.3M)

Who would you take take?

Too little information to provide any type of educated opinion.

What are lineup requirements?

What are your keepers and what round are you giving up for them?

What players do you see available for your next picks?

I am also assuming that you are not drafting until sometime next ear, so any advice comes with the caveat that it most likely will change by the time it gets closer to next season.

Edited by Big Country

I guess the way I see it is that RBs don't age well, so you could very well have zero interest in AP in 3 years and be upset you made that choice. Peyton Manning probably only has about 5 years left in his career, so I'm not sure you're going to get 3 solid years out of him.

Now Rodgers... young, talented, a point leader in many leagues this year, and on a team that can only improve (need OL and a RB which will help him a great deal). I think he's your best bet for a long-term guy.

If you were only keeping for next year then either of the other guys would be a fine choice. Pick your favorite.

Too little information to provide any type of educated opinion.

What are lineup requirements?

What are your keepers and what round are you giving up for them?

What players do you see available for your next picks?

I am also assuming that you are not drafting until sometime next ear, so any advice comes with the caveat that it most likely will change by the time it gets closer to next season.

Line up is 1 QB, 1/2 RB, 2/3 WR, Mandatory TE, 1K and 1 ST/Def. No flex. (12 team league)

It's too hard to predict past 2 rounds. Keepers are not known until the final week of preseason. I thought I had Brees this year, and the guy ahead of me (who has Warrner and his $3.5M salary) picked Brees anyway. My #1 was Barber @ 10th pick.

I'm clearing my fisrt 10 picks. (there is a reason why I have the #1 pick next year). My enitre team (Brees, Westbrook, Barber, Owens) contract was up last year so they all went pack in the pool. My team was terrible this year.

My Keepers: Ronnie Brown-16, Steve Breaston-15, Steve Smith (NY)-14, Greg Olsen-13 maybe keep Kyle Orton - 12. Free agent pickups during the season = a 16th round pick. (i.e. I picked up Brown a few weeks ago for next year).

Top players going back in the pool next year:

A Peterson

P. Manning

B. Roethlisberger

R. Moss

A. Rodgers

B. Marshall

J. Addai

M. Barber

A. Boldin

R. Grant

Calvin Johnson

T. Jones

S. Jackson

M. Hasselbeck

K. Warner

J. Witten

L. Evans

Dude, you gotta go w/the MVP. He's the reason the Colts are undefeated, plus QBs always touch the ball more than anyone else, even ADP when Coach Chilly and Favre-Diva are fighting :D

Take a look at my FLEX dilemma, will you? --> http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=312798

:wacko: :D

Need some advice in a keeper league.

I have 1st pick next year.

Up to 6 can be kept for a max of 3 years.

You loose the round draft pick your keeper was selected (i.e. if you keep your 1st, 3rd and 7th picks, you loose 1, 3 & 7 picks for the next draft.)

Next year, A.Peterson, A. Rodgers and P. Manning will be available (to keep for 3 more years).

QB heavy league (all TDs = 6, 1pt 25 yds passing, 1pt 10 yrds rev/rush)

This is not a serpantine draft since many players are retained. It goes 1-12, 1-12 etc. for 16 rounds.

Only 4 players will be kept for the first 2 rounds. I will have #1, #10, and possibly #21 but many big players are already off the board (drafted 2 years ago at lower draft picks).

$18M Salary cap league, where salary is based on prior years stats. (i.e. Manning = $3.4M, Rodgers = $3.5M, A.P. = $2.3M)

Who would you take take?